Best Argument for Atheism - In your view.

by LAWHFol 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

If Crisis of Conscience is one of the Top Watchtower Doctrine killers, what is the COC of Theism?

I'd like to read a Book, or other Material that does the best job Logically Arguing for Atheism.

I've not read any Darwin, however it is my assumption that his focus is primarily on Evolution, is this correct?

If you were to recommend one book or a few pieces of reading material, which do the best job of Defending Atheism, what would they be?

Thank You

• snare&racket
    snare&racket
    God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Richard Carrier's books might help in realizing how ancient mythology developed in the middle East in ancient times.

http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Carrier/e/B001K8LYEM

A C Grayling's books are also very informative to the human social psychology associated with ancient mythology.

http://www.amazon.com/A.C.-Grayling/e/B001IOBKEW/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Russell's essays on religion, such as Why I Am Not A Christian, are worth reading.
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Thank you Fink,Meph,snare.. I'll let you know my thoughts when I read.
  • jws
    jws

Darwin was not concerned with writing about atheism, but on biology. From what I recall, he was a theist.

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins...

• azor
    azor
    YouTube evid3nc3 "Why I Am No Longer A Christian". Not a book but powerful nonetheless.
  • Syme
    Syme

Richard Dawkins: "The God Delusion".

Christopher Hitchens (editor): "The Portable Atheist".

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    The existence of evil. Verified anywhere.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The existence of gods or deities inherently originates in human ignorance of the world in which we live in and of are selves, a undeniable fact once you research ancient mythological practices and beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit