Agreement with American B.S

by lucidentity 41 Replies latest jw friends

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

Everyone who loves there country like the comments just made........greatest country in the world , no exceptions (yawn) ........can class themselves no better than the murderous nation they all live in and are PROUD of it........what love you disply to ALL lands and people !

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

lather, rinse, repeat...

religious leaders such as jerry falwell and pat robertson said that america had it coming . they suggested that the atrocities were punishments allowed by god because of america's rampant immorality. eventually, due to strong public criticism, both apologized. you say america deserved this assault because of our "corporate greed," and "economic imperialism" against poorer nations. we often hear that we americans are self-centered and materialistic. yet, again and again, we give copious aid to our distressed neighbors - even former enemies.

as canadian broadcaster gordon sinclair said in 1973, "when i first started to read newspapers, i read of floods on the yellow river and the yangtse. who rushed in with men and money to help? the americans. . . . when distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the united states that hurries in to help." sinclair also says that america "has pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. . . ." we also believe in helping the less fortunate here at home. within days of the new york catastrophe, 1.5 billion dollars came pouring in to assist the victims. surveys show that 90% of american households give to charity and 44% volunteer some time each year to serve others.

philanthropy by the super-rich funds hundreds of foundations, research centers, and humanitarian efforts. yet charitable giving by ordinary citizens, giving their $25, $50, or $100 checks, supports just as much or more good works. america's conduct of war: americans are committed to a just-war doctrine. by and large, we use military force to make things right. our enemies are mostly vicious aggressors like hitler, stalin, ho chi min, saddam, and osama. even against these adversaries, we kill only when necessary. u.s. armed forces treat prisoners humanely. in accordance with the standards of the geneva convention, we provide food, shelter, sanitation, and expert medical care. in afghanistan our massive aid has averted a winter of massive starvation. along with the rest of western europe, our former enemies germany and japan can testify that once the war is over, we join in rebuilding the economies of both allies and foes.

saying that america deserved it is like saying a provocatively dressed woman walking down the street deserves to get raped, or that someone not watching their child around a pool deserves it if they drown.

***** why are you here in America, exactly? how is it benefiting you? i'm really curious about that. please answer. and without flaming. i really want to understand your viewpoint. and why are you so mad? what country are you from? thank you.

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 2 July 2002 14:32:48

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Again I think what is happening on this thread as well is that all American's are being lumped into one category. If you are going to attack the politics of this nation or any other for that matter why not take into consideration that you are really only marking the politicians. And politicians aren't perfect, they are human just like the rest of us. We all make mistakes. I would like to see those that criticize various governements get up there and do a better job themselves. If you aren't taking steps to change anything I don't believe you have any reason to complain. After America has its faults and even though I may not be the most patriotic person I am damn sure glad I live here.

That being said.....I agree with PLH that we should just let it drop...after all the 4th is almost here and this has the potential to get very ugly.

What ever happened to love thy brother..who cares what country he lives in.

Spice

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

TOO LAZY AND DUMB TOO SUPPORT THEMSELVES......!!!!!!!!!

YOU INCREDIBLY IGNORANT TOSSER.........

THEY ARE IN THIS SITUATION BECAUSE OF COUNTRIES LIKE THE U.S WHOSE GREED AND DOMINANCE CAUSE THE SUFFERING OF MILLIONS......THEY CANT EDUCATE THEMSELVES BECAUSE THIS NATION TAKES ALL THEIR MONEY

YOU TIT

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

*sigh* i'm sorry you are incapable of responding to reasonable questions with reasonable answers. i cite many examples of America's goodness to refute your argument, and it falls on deaf ears. your judgement is clouded by your anger against America the beautiful.

(i didn't resort to name-calling, so why do you?

~xox

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I live in the US but will move away soon.

Can you leave today? Can I take you to the airport? Do you need help with your luggage?

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

<<<<I live in the US but will move away soon>>>>

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

I am from a country that is no better than the US...no better and I am ashamed of it.....you dont hear me going around saying...the greatest country in the world blah, blah.

I came to America to gain a diversity in cultures. It is called travelling and it opens your eyes...it is a better education than university....

I have been to more countries than you can imagine......what about you ?, have you managed to get out of this country or is it sooooooo great you cant bear to leave it for a few days ?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Come on, y'all!!!!

Can't you see that lucidentity is a "Newbie"? Can't you see that he/she saw how much attention "Invisible's" thread received and they want the same kind of attention?

Ignore losers and ignorant folks such as lucidentity and Invisible.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Lucidcrap

What the F are you taking about??? We cause pain?? What Fucking country are you from and what great things are they doing??? I dont see any other country out there going around saving africa or solving world hunger so dont act like your country is some world saver!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit