What kind of dreams did you have as a JW?

by Preston 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Preston
    Preston

I've been doing some research on dream interpretation lately and as I would like to know if you ever had any strange or recurring dreams when you were a JW. For instance, if you often had dreams of being chased by the police or some type of powerful entity, it could represent your struggle with the quthority that the Organization often represented itself to be. I think it's an interesting topic, just thought I'd see if you guys had anything to add...

edited for bad spelling...bad Preston, bad Preston!

Edited by - Preston on 2 July 2002 15:25:19

• rodnico
    rodnico

When I was a witness I had recurring dreams that my teeth would fall out. They were extremely loose and then I would be holding them in my hand....come to think of it, when I was little I lost most of my teeth at the kingdom hall. My mother would yell at me..."you've got blood all over your dress".

Nicole

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Wow! I had the teeth falling out dream too! Does anyone know what it means?

Also, I used to have a lot of really sexually graphic dreams and wake up feeling like I needed to be publicly reproved for it.

Edited by - zenpunk on 2 July 2002 13:34:56

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I had a dream recently where I looked down at myself and I had 2 necklaces that were crosses. I tried to take them off before my wife saw them, not because they were bad but because it would cause way too much trouble. Apparently I had been wearing them for a few years and nobody noticed or said anything.

this dream really freaked me out, not so much the crosses, but that i knew what it meant right away. I have been wondering if I ever believed it was the troof or if I was just kidding myself. I guess this means that I never really believed. It made me happy when I woke up because i knew what I had to do, settle things w/the Org before its too late.

But to get to the point about what you asked, I don't have any reoccuring dreams but my wife does. She always dreams that Armageddon is coming. Her dreams are like the violent pics in the WT and other publications (Planes falling from the sky, Riots in the streets buring buildins, ect). The only odd thing that she says about them is that she isn't afraid. She is calm and all she does is try to get together with her family. Sometimes she is all alone but sometimes she gets them together. Another thing that is striking, i am never in those dreams...Kinda weird, huh?

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Preston,

Great topic! Dreams are something else I've been interested in lately, and want to write mine down if I can ever remember them! I used to have dreams that I was in some sort of amusement park, (which should have been fun!?!) but that I was really tiny in comparison to all the other people and rides. I remember the feeling like I was afraid that I'd break, like I was really light weight, brittle boned maybe? I can't describe it very well, because it's been a long time since I've had it. I had them often enough at times that I would sometimes dread going to sleep, for fear of the reocurring(?sp) dream.

The dreams always seemed dark, and some felt like something was chasing me. I wasn't ever able to watch scary movies as a child--my parents had to take me out of "The Sleeping Beauty" because I was terrified of the witch! To this day I haven't been able to watch many things that are too horrific or violent. It upsets some deep part of me in a very large way. But, since I left the borg about 4 years ago, I don't remember having a bad dream. (I also used to be able to wake myself up from a bad dream, by saying mentally--while sleeping--'wake up, it's not real')

Thanks again!

Becky

• Preston
    Preston

I read that teeth often represent the confidence we have in ourselves as well as our physical beauty. When we have dreams of our teeth falling out it often represents the insecurities we have, and are trying to deal with. In terms of physical beauty, they are one of the prime aspects of our physical beauty. When people see us, one of the first things they see when we speak is our teeth. I know when I was in the Borg I was VERY insecure, and had a tremendous lack of confidence in myself. Just my thoughts...

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

You're right Preston...

Here's a link I found to common dream interpretations (especially about teeth falling out):

www.dreammoods.com/commondreams/teeth.htm

• flower
    flower

One of my recurrent dreams was of sneakin upstairs and stabbing my father to death in his sleep. Wonder what the interpretation of this one would be [:/]

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

I used to have a very odd recurring dream since I was a child. I would continue to have it every few years until I was an early adult. I don't remember the last time I had it. But I do know I have not had it since leaving the Borg.

Here goes....

It's very similar to that old movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". I am in the bathroom of a gymnasium. It's very dark with spider webs all around. Inside all of the stalls are the pods. As they begin to move like they are going to hatch I decide to leave. Although I don't recall being scared, I run out of the bathroom into the pool area. The pool is filled with firey lava, looked over by what I imagine to be Satan sitting in the lifeguards chair. I don't recall how my dream ended. Perhaps I was forced into the lava.

I always felt my dream was caused by an incident between my mother & I when I was very young. I have worn glasses since I was 3 years old. My vision today is beyond awful. My prescription is over 1000. One day at home with my mom the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" was on TV. I was deeply engrossed in the film, being such a young child. When all of the sudden my mother said during a commerical break slightly alertly but not scared, "Shauna, what is that on your bed?" I peered into my room but saw nothing. The movie continued. At the next break she started again, "Shauna, there is definitely something laying on your bed. It looks like a plant pod." I'm streching to see but see nothing. I think it's because I'm so blind. The movie continues. Then at the next break she really let me have it. "Shauna, the pod has gotten bigger! Shauna, the pod is moving! Shauna, there's something coming out of it! Shauna, it's a little girl and she's got.......glasses!!!"

It wasn't till she starting laughing that I realized she was kidding. Up until that time I literally thought a pod was on my bed and that the person coming out of it was me.

I can't remember how long after that my dream started. And I'm not sure why I attached to it the hell-like scene.

So what do ya think? Yeah, I know....weird....and oh so cruel of my mother!

Shauna

• Preston
    Preston

Some info I found: If you dreamed of killing someone, whether intentionally or by accident, it signifies a period of severe emotional stress during which you must make a heroic effort to control your temper. As a rule, fathers represent authority, and you will have to figure out the meaning of your dream by correlating the action with your parental attitude and other elements of the dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit