Anyone Near Dayton OH

by zenpunk 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sherri
    Sherri

Hi Borgfree, (Tried to email you, but without success.) I grew up in the Dayton area and attended the Vandalia (Tipp City) and other congregations in the Dayton area from around 1970 until I left in 1986. My name was Sherri Hufford, then Sherri Ludwig. I'm betting that you knew my ex-husband, Tom, who I think is still associated with a Greenville congregation. Is there anything you can tell me about him? Our marriage broke up when I decided to leave, and I always felt bad about that. He was a really nice man (probably still is), very sincere. Ironically, he became a JW in order to marry me in 1978. I helped build the London Assembly Hall. Is that still being used? I remarried five years ago and now live near London (the big London, in the UK). While I have absolutely no regrets about leaving the Witnesses, I do regret the people I lost along the way. Any info you think might be interesting would be much appreciated. Like I said, I still miss the people, if not the beliefs. Sherri

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Sherri,

Sorry about the e-mail, I had it off for a while but it should be working now. I am leaving for work and do not have much time, I will reply more from work.

Borgfree

• jozb5
    jozb5

Hi,

My husband was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio (he's not a jw nor ever was.) He still has family there (alot of family lol) and I had the pleasure of visiting Dayton two years ago. I thought it was a lovely town.

We are in the middle of a move from Oakland, California to Indianapolis, Indiana and I guess you could say we'll be neighbors.

Josie

• borgfree
    borgfree

Sherri,

I left the witnesses before your ex-husband came to Greenville. I am told he married an elders daughter in Greenville. I have heard he is well liked. I know someone here who may post, and can tell you more about him.

I know a lady from Tipp City who is now an ex-jw, her son is also an ex-jw. Their last name was Williams, she has re-married.

If you know them I would be glad to pass your e-mail on to Sybil, I know she would be happy to e-mail you. I believe it was your old KH in Tipp City that someone drove a car into, a year or two ago. The driver was unhappy for being dis-fellowshipped or something like that.

Did you ever know someone with the name Liggett from Muncie, Indiana or Gardiner from Richmond, Indiana or New Paris Ohio?

Jozb5,

There are some very nice ex-jws in Indianapolis, if you do not know anybody there I will be glad to put you in touch with them.

Borgfree

• Lin
    Lin

Hey everyone....My best friend and Maid of Honor for my upcoming wedding is looking for someone near Toledo/surrounding areas to hitch a ride with to go to the March in N.Y. If any of you are driving, would you PLEASE email me directly at [email protected] so I can put you in contact with Debbie? She really, really wants to go, so please let me know soon. Thanks much!

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Hi Sherri. Nice to see your post. I left the organization a year and a half ago. I attended the Greenville, North congregation my entire life. I knew Tom very well. Last I heard, he is still an Elder here in Greenville. When I was attending, he was the School Overseer. I'm not too sure what he's doing now. I always liked Tom very much. Of all the Elders, he was one of my favorites. As borgfree commented, he did marry an Elder's daughter here in Greenville. To my knowledge, they have no children. For some time, he had his own business in town, but eventually (if my memory serves me correctly) I believe he started working for the city doing site surveying work. I thought I had heard somewhere that he has since started another business in town, but I'm not sure. As far as I know, all is well with him. Can't think of anything else to offer, but I hope this helps. Take care!

Al

• Sherri
    Sherri

Many thanks to borgfree and sunstarr for your replies. I've been on holiday for the past several weeks and haven't checked any emails or posts.

I was glad to hear that things seem to have worked out for Tom (though not so glad that he's still in). When we met at work, he was searching for the big answers (even dabbled a teeny bit in Scientology), but was ripe for the absolutivism (word?) of the witnesses. They had all the answers to all his questions and he took to it in a big way. He studied with my dad and we were married eight months after we met. We had no money, but we did have a lot of fun and were very "zealous for the truth". Of course, he was well bothered when I decided I couldn't do it any more. We'd been married about eight years by then and he had changed a lot; he'd become very serious and very single-minded. I'm so glad to hear that he still seems to be the kind, personable man that I knew.

As for Sybil Williams, I do remember her and would be happy to hear from her. I knew her daughter and son-in-law as well.

A friend of mine who used to go to that hall has recently left, and she has filled me in on much of what's happened in the 15 years I've been gone. That thing about the car was a new one, though!

Thanks again for answering my request for info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit