Why dont JW's have a youth group?

by In_between_days 33 Replies latest social family

• core
    core

Young one activities. special arrangements cost money, young ones do not contribute much so why bother? Cynical maybe but true

• Dia
    Dia

I think the amount of assistance, guidance, social interaction and nurturing is JUST PERFECT as is - IF their main goal is population control.

How better to produce a mass of f'd up, lonely, family-less teens whom, if they do marry, probably won't stay that way for long. Or at least not long enough to have many (if any) kids of their own.

Nomad, you're not alone.

But life is not over.

Everybody has SOMETHING they have to deal with or 'get over'. And many, many people have something really, really enormous to cope with and to grow past.

Knowing where you are is a very good place to start.

Edited by - Dia on 24 November 2002 17:31:7

• rocky220
    rocky220

NotBlind is right.

[1] Why don't JW's have a youth group?

[2]Why don't JW's have day-care for working sisters?

[3]Why don't JW's have senior citizen centers?

[4]Why don't JW's have referral services for members to get a technical education to get off of welfare?

[5]Why dont Jw's have referral service for those members who have been mugged, raped, child molestation,burglarized, suffered loss due to natural disasters, sister's needing relocation due to domestic violence?

It's so easy to label that secular governments services as influenced by Satan the Devil, but I ask...What the hell is WBTS doing besides "preaching the good news" all over the world, while beaten down members stay beaten down??? Government services are a matter of survival inspite of WT redderick....Oh silly me, elders do take interest in sisters that have been raped and that is to see if she yelled out loud....and that's the extent of elder concern...poor excuse of a religion.

rocky220

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My answers to these questions:

1] Why don't JW's have a youth group? They've always said that it wasn't Biblical to have extra instruction geared for the kids. Witness kids are to sit quietly and listen to the speakers, like the israelite kids of old. But if you ask me, the religionists of old time pulled the same kind of spin doctoring in their final report as do their counterparts today. A youth ministry would not go amiss.

[2]Why don't JW's have day-care for working sisters? That's largely a function of the Society's unwillingness to admit that times change and women are working now. They'll cop out by saying that the congregation is here to preach to word, which is bullshit, the congregation is here to minister, not just preach.

[3]Why don't JW's have senior citizen centers? See above. Cynically, the GB has provided for their retirement by telling the following generations "Take care of us old ones or else!"

[4]Why don't JW's have referral services for members to get a technical education to get off of welfare? Good idea. Dunno. Most members aren't on welfare, from what I've seen. There's informal networking that goes on, but I don't know if that kind of intricate operation would be something I'd feel comfortable entrusting to my religion, or not. I mean, they already say they own my eternal future, do I want to entrust them with my employment?

[5]Why dont Jw's have referral service for those members who have been mugged, raped, child molestation,burglarized, suffered loss due to natural disasters, sister's needing relocation due to domestic violence? That's a huge list. They do some highly publicized relief work, and I think that we will see a shift in some of the ways they deal with their members problems when the oldies die off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit