Are you more interested now?

by In_between_days 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

For me- I have NO desire to read the publications! NONE WHATSOEVER! I already proved to myself it wasn't the true religion, and that is good enough for me! That stuff has a way of twisting & turning, and I don't want to waste another MINUTE reading it. But, I see where you guys are coming from! :-)

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I used to do ex-JW research. But now, having been gone for 7 years, when I hear of a new change in doctrine, I just sigh, shake my head, and think "why can't those still in the organization see what's going on here".

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Interesting point.

While I would not (could not) sit down and read a whole JW book like I did in the past my enthusiasm is defintely greater. I use them for reference now.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

(off topic, sorry)

Or how about that award winning book, CREATION. Where it has been proven that they LIED and CHANGED WORDS while quoting known scientists.

Lisa, I'm very interested in hearing more about this; it's something I didn't know. Do you have a URL where this was discussed, or more info to share?

many thanks, Spidey

• mommy1
    mommy1

Yes in some ways, I was molested by a "brother" as a child and my Dad told Elders and nothing was ever done. So the Child molesting cover ups are something that hits close to my heart .

• professor
    professor

My mother is an active dub and after a conversation with her recently I made a startling discovery. She had no idea that the 1914 generation understanding had changed! She still thought we were waiting on the WWI people to die!

• professor
    professor

wholewheat says:

So you were never a witness? People that are worshippers of Jehovah love to study and do research.
    Yes, wholewheat, I see. Hmmmm. A real JW being disinterested at the Watchtower study? Impossible!
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    So you were never a witness? People that are worshippers of Jehovah love to study and do research.

Study and do research? JW's love to study and do research?

Oh, wait! I get it! You mean "study" and "research" defined as "looking up canned answers in the Society's publications and highlighting them in yellow."

Phew. For a minute there, I thought I had missed something.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Oh, wait! I get it! You mean "study" and "research" defined as "looking up canned answers in the Society's publications and highlighting them in yellow."

LOL

Wholeweat, tell us, did you ever do research outside of WT publications or WT approved publications, if so, what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit