Fastest Growing Religion in Oz is.................

by ISP 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mackin
    Mackin

THE STORY: One day two children, Tim and Rose, discover their cow, Lucy, is missing! Worried that they'll never have milk for breakfast again, the two children decide to follow Lucy's hoofprints and get their cow back!!

They follow Lucy's hoofprints into a big forest, which has "trees as thick as their teachers legs at school"! Unfortunately, they don't find Lucy before it gets dark, and as the Tin Lion roars in the darkness, the children wonder where they are going to sleep! Luckily, a small Tree Goblin called Binklebonk offers to put up Tim and Rose for the night.

The next morning, after thanking Binklebonk for his hospitality, the children set off deeper into the woods, despite the warning of a small tree Robin to watch out for BadJelly the Witch (who catches little children, turns them into sausages, and eats them!!). As they search for Lucy, the children come across a friendly worm called Mud-wiggle who helps them across a river; a sad policeman who was turned into an apple tree by BadJelly; and a mouse called Dinglemouse (who used to be a banana, but was turned into a mouse by BadJelly). Dinglemouse convinces Tim and Rose he would be good company, so Tim carries him in his trouser pocket.

As they climbed a big mountain, the children began to get very cold. They come a across an old lady, who offers to put them in her sack to warm them up! Thanking the old woman, Tim and Rose get into the sack -- But!! The old woman cackles with glee!! She was BADJELLY!! The witch the children had been warned about! BadJelly closed the sack, and flew the children back to her castle on her broomstick!

At her castle, BadJelly gives the children to her Giant called Dulboot, who locks them away in the top of the prison tower, until the next morning, when she'll eat them!. As the children worry about being eaten, and never seeing their parents again, Dinglemouse nibbles his way out of the sack. He tells the children he'll go to his friend Jim, the giant eagle, for help!

The next morning as BadJelly is making her way up the stairs to get the children for her breakfast Tim and Rose see Dinglemouse and Jim through the window of the prison tower, the children manage to scramble onto Jim's back before BadJelly can get them! But BadJelly jumps on her broomstick, and chases Jim the Giant Eagle up into the sky. As Jim, Dinglemouse, and the children hid in a big cloud, God came along, and seeing what BadJelly wanted to do to the children, he asked BadJelly to go away, and when she wouldn't, he pointed his finger at the witch and blew her up!!

Now that BadJelly was gone, Jim flew the children safetly back to BadJelly's castle, where they found Lucy their cow!! Pleased that they were safe, and that they had their cow back, Jim flew Tim, Rose, and Lucy, back to their house, and their very happy parents!

Ahhhh, my childhood memories are coming back. No wait, we were 'dubs, we weren't allowed to listen to this. It was from Satan.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Mackin! You're a legend....thanks for that...ahhh Dinglemouse and Binglebonk...its all coming back to me.

For some strange reason my jw grandmother didn't mind us listening to these stories...but I remember getting a clout over the ear when I took a book about ghosts and goblins to the meeting once LOL.

Look at that would ya...Lucy the cow and Tim and Rose...and Jim the eagle....gosh! I'm printing this to show my brother...thanks again.

Beck

• jack2
    jack2

Seeing the pic of the babes from "Charmed" almost makes me wanna convert.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I've known for a while that witchcraft was the fastest growing religion in the U.S. I could just never find the news link where I read it. I wouldn't consider myself a full fledged witch as I'm still learning the ropes. However, just like any other religion on the planet there are those that would try and take advantage you. The best thing I like about Wicca is that it respects other religions and puts none above the other. There is also no trying to convert anyone. You want to know about Wicca you can ask but most Wiccans will force you into doing your own research that way you can decide on your own whether that path is right for you. I have to agree with the above though, this is both a blessing and a curse.

gsx1138

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

I'm sure it will settle after a while, when the ones hoping to find some kind of magical powers become disillusioned. Casting spells is not an easy skill to learn, and as far as i can tell witches are far from being the best people to see about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit