JW Bus Accident on Way to Convention

by Mister Biggs 13 Replies latest social current

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

It begs the questions:

How many on that bus were happy that they either didn't end up going to the Convention or got there late? (I would have been happy!!!)

How many will feel guilty for missing all or some of that days program and will try to go to another one? (I would NOT have felt any guilt!!!) Bus crash traps passengers
    By SARA OLKON
    [email protected]

A group of Jehovah's Witnesses on their way from Miami to a church convention in West Palm Beach this morning were shaken up, but not hurt, after the tour bus they were riding in was involved in three-vehicle accident on Interstate 95.

No one was seriously injured when the bus skidded off the roadway into a water-filled ditch, said Pompano Beach PIO Sandra King.

But passengers were trapped in the bus because the main door blocked. Fire rescue workers helped passengers out through a back window of the bus, using a slide made of paramedics' back boards.

The 8:24 a.m. accident, just south of the Copans Road exit, is under investigation.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/2002/06/28/news/3564439.htm

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo
    Fire rescue workers helped passengers out through a back window of the bus, using a slide made of paramedics' back boards.

LOL I could just see those elderly sisters sliding down those boards in their dresses while trying to remain modest. Seriously, though I am glad that no one was seriously injured.

Edited by - MoeJoJoJo on 1 July 2002 16:5:3

edited because I can't get the quote thingy working right

Edited by - MoeJoJoJo on 1 July 2002 16:6:41

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

LOL @ MoeJoJoJo!!!

Also, how many of the "zealous" ones tried to place literature with the rescuers?

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Hahaha Biggs, I can see it now.

And all the while they keep praising Jehovah for saving their lives.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey All,

Only a warp person like YOU would think this accident was funny.

• julien
    julien

Wow Satan will try anything to persecute Jehovah's People [tm]

• D8TA
    D8TA

Only a warp person like YOU would think this accident was funny.

Yet it's only a warp person like you, who values yet another one of your "martyrs" to refuse a blood transfusion.

Yet it's only a warp person like you, who champions pedophiles.

Yet it's only a warp person like you, who doesn't realize when he points his finger....there's 3 pointing right back at him.

D8TA

• Kjell Hedblom
    Kjell Hedblom

LOL to everyone but ofcource I am glad that nobody got seriously injured!

But its a waist of time to include, lets say in the prayer after an Convention to Jehovah that he should protect you when going back home,because he doesnt!! If there will be an accident then it happends either because bad luck or because of that person being careless.

There is alot of proof that its a fact that u are on your own.

Kjell H

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Fred,a bus full of dubs is funny!Their not hurt,which is good.It could be one of our friends or family,but a bus full of dubs is still funny.It`s like a bus full of clowns..LOL...OUTLAW

• Jewel
    Jewel

My Mom often takes a bus to assemblies. She always raves about how wonderful it is. When she was telling me about the last assembly, she said that they sang "Kindom Songs" all the way there and back for both days.

I couldn't help but think of that poor bus driver. I would have had the urge to jump from the bus at 65 mph rather than listen to that for ONE MORE MILE!!! I had this picture of a solemn ceremony at the bus station where the drivers gather to draw straws as to who has to sacrifice him/herself in the line of duty and drive for Witnesses.

Hope he had headphones and some good CD's...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit