New WT Books Highlights...

by MrMoe 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I have copies of the 2 newest books released at the latest convention...

"Worship the Only True God,"

and

"Draw Close to Jehovah."

CCtoJ = goes into how Jehovahs is just (as in justice,) makes me ill really, all those cases of pedophile don's seem all that just to me... and how the law of Jehovah is perfect... and how he is tender and compassionate. I will read more and look for any dirt I can find and post it later.

CCtoJ = page 102 subtitle states

"The Power of the Tongue," and the next page 103 paragraph 16 goes on to say... "We can also use the power of our tongue to provide much-needed encouragement for others... A thoughtful tongue can reassure older ones that they are valued and appreciated." Paragraph 17 goes on to state "Do not hold back good from those to whom it is owning, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it."

I can see the elders meeting now... no Brother Elder, I was following Guidelines!!! Becky Sue needed some comfort with the wonderful power of my tongue, see, it is right here in the newest book!

I will try to post more later... perhaps even some serious stuff!

Kisses,

Moe

Edited by - MrMoe on 1 July 2002 12:32:49

Edited by - MrMoe on 1 July 2002 12:33:52

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

mmmmm tongue!

• SYN
    SYN

I bet all the younger Brothers and Sisters will snicker during the Book Study when this book is used for sure!

Oh, oh, oh my, OH, OH, OH YES OH YES YES OOOOOOOOOHHHH AAAAAAAHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!

Thank you Brother, that was encouraging!

Edited by - SYN on 1 July 2002 12:41:51

• invisible
    invisible

Hello MrMoe,

Hows you? And where's my blinkin astrology chart?!!

I started to read these two publications last night once I got to bed, hell, the language used is hard going. All the usual watch out there's demons about philosophy and the great conspiracy against God's only channel on earth, the need to trust His 'prophets', that they are not 'infallible or perfect' bumpth.

Whilst in essence I actually agree with some of the sentiments upon the higher spiritual planes, their manner of teaching this philosophy remains to me this day a complete mystery, its like their whole approach is wrong and not a few blatant errors are quite obviously apparent.

If only by nature the Society was truly transformative, then and only then, might I be tempted to listen possibly again to their message.

Kind regards

'Celtic' Mark

Cornwall UK

• Francois
    Francois

Aren't the similarities amazing? Allah, too, is said to be kind, merciful, compassionate. And just like Jehovah, he's one of the nastiest bastards in the valley.

As for tongues, I went to a plastic surgeon and had a bump about the size of a, um, well, er, blackeyed pea, installed on the end of mine. Any interest?

Francois

Edited by - Francois on 1 July 2002 13:3:20

• TheStar
    TheStar

"Worship the Only True God," replaces the blue, United in Worship book.

If you have the old United book as well Moe, look at the table of contents and you will find the the only difference between the two is that 2 chapter have been totally omitted from the new book. Guess which two?

They continue to rewrite their history.

Edited by - TheStar on 1 July 2002 13:43:19

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

OK The Star...I know your response was addressed to MrMoe, but I need to know which 2 chapters have been omitted from the United in Worship replacement.

Francois, Behave yourself! HbH

• TheStar
    TheStar

HBH,

I'll email you the scans of the two table of contents. I can't post them here because I don't have webspace to paste them.

But basically they've gotten rid of the problematic chapters of the book. hhhmmmm... wonder what the would be?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Star, I'm just guessing on this, but would it be the chapters on blood and chronology (aka 1914)?

I also don't have easy access to my United in Worship book, it's in one of the 100 boxes in my basement, so this is truly a guess...

Edited by - NeonMadman on 1 July 2002 14:22:22

• ISP
    ISP

Hmmmm.......I might be able to get my hands on them.....

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit