Watchtower Society no longer contact? Why?

by GermanXJW 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

At this summer's District Convention it was announced/explained that the "goal" is not to merely place literature with persons or to create subscriptions but rather it is to help them to study God's Word the Bible.

It was therefore stated that publishers should attempt to establish "magazine routes" with persons who desire to receive the magazines. At each delivery they can highlight a point or answer questions, the ultimate goal to establish these into bible studies.

--Eduardo

• TheStar
    TheStar
    It was speculated in my old cong that one of the reasons they stopped the subs is so that incase the Great Trib started, there would be no way for the governments to find all the dubs. Think about it, subscription lists have every name and address of every dub in the world....no list, less persecution for the dubs when the GT breaks out.

Those poor Dubs, so many things are happening right under their noses and they are clueless.

You would think that since they have been predicting the end of the world for over 100 years now that they would get the clue that the GT is never going to happen!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...incase the Great Trib started, there would be no way for the governments to find all the dubs."

Nowadays, it is much easier to 'find' people via the Internet. We all leave tracks wherever we go. The Internet is no exception.

Regards,

Jim TX

• outnfree
    outnfree

"Think about it, subscription lists have every name and address of every dub in the world....no list, less persecution for the dubs when the GT breaks out.

-Fire"

I AM thinking. I'm thinking that this is a rather stupid explanation circulating among Witnesses.

1/ As if the Society didn't have records of every baptized congregation member already. (Where? The same place the subscription list would be. At headquarters. Different departments, maybe -- but just think about the Bible Study report form with addresses of studies.... the Service Dept. knows)

2/ Don't people who AREN'T baptized witnesses get subscriptions? Wouldn't having those other addresses mixed in those of dedicated members make it MORE DIFFICULT for any government to find the real JWs in the event of future persecution?!

out

Edited to place my vote on COST and CONTROL as the motivating factors for the change.

Edited by - outnfree on 1 July 2002 12:44:4

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

The secretary in each congregation will have a record card for each publisher containing the name, date of birth, date of baptism, and home address.

So all that would have to happen at the GT is for a member of MI5 (or FBI) to break into the Secretary's home and steal the records. No computer hacking because the elders are instructed not to keep computer records. Data Protection Act and all that!

One easy way to track down all JWs is to go to the KH on a Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday and you will find all the faithful lemmings sitting bored out of their brains AGAIN. Just follow each one home - you'll find where they live.

Yes.. going back to the thought of making sure you pick up your mags at the KH or you and your family miss out on studying all that wonderful articles! What a shame that would have been!!!

Nowfree

• erasescars
    erasescars

I don't know anything about this except that this has always been my philosophy when they came to the my door:

Sure.... give me the literature, but I already have a church and don't choose to discuss it further. Each pamphlet cost them something and drained a TINY bit of resource so I could light a fire in my Chiminea, and someone more gullible wouldn't get it.

Same would be true if I was offered a free subscription (people don't pay for them do they?).....sure, mail that baby to me....First class preferrably.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit