Are All Organized Religions Cults?

by HomebutHiding 10 Replies latest jw friends

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi Fran

I agree with you on the comments you have made regarding cults,i went to a Christian meeting 2 nights ago they are called Life Spring and apparently they were founded in Brooklyn NY IN THE 50s I think. I decided to go because they gave out this leaflet saying how they are geared towards helping our young who have drug and drink problems.I stayed for 1 hour,i listen to some of the stories that were told by the teenagers themselves and how the had found Jesus,i was a little disturbed by that as i felt they were just putting a plaster over their wounds.I feel that organised religion is not the answer to these kind of problems as i feel that instead of finding God or Jesus the Key is to finding themselves first.Life Spring is part of the Assemblies of God,an offshoot so to speak.I also found out that The new Detective who has just moved into our town is a big Life Spring member.As the evening moved on there was a band playing Christian music and then praise the lord and Amens and the rest, were shouted out,then i made my getaway.

qca1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit