God's Dice

by cellomould 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

FunkyD,

For once, I agree with you. That was a good article.

I think that lots of things can be put down to pure coincidence (like Birthdays in common). Some things IMO are more than coincidence - like the tales we hear of someone losing a ring whilst on holiday in spain and then finding it on a beach in cornwall. Actually, that story might be BS, but there are similar things that happen that are just "beyond coincidence".

A really funny one that I heard was about my boyfriend's mum, who decided to phone her sister in Scotland. She got the wrong number, but the woman who answered had the exact same name as the sister but lived in a different town. It wasn't a common name at all.

A similar one happened with a friend of mine who phoned me and got the wrong number.....she asked for me and the person said "no she isn't home right now". My friend thought it didn't sound like anyone I live with, so she asked again and mentioned my first name and surname. The voice replied "yes thats right, she isn't home". It was later discovered that there is another person in this town who is similar age to me and has the same name, and my friend accidentally phoned her instead...by getting a wrong number. Wierd.

Sirona

• JanH
    JanH

Sirona,

It was later discovered that there is another person in this town who is similar age to me and has the same name, and my friend accidentally phoned her instead...by getting a wrong number. Wierd.

Not very weird. They are listed next to each other in the phone book.

- Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit