This is why I don't like transfusions.......

by VioletAnai 37 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

There's just too much risk...especially if your life is in the hands of these officials:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Health/story_34571.asp

THAT is just not right!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

If you feel that transfusions are unsafe, despite the fact that tens of thousands of people are saved for every person that contracts a disease etc. than by all means do not have transfusions. If you want to make it a safety issue, then fine. But if you believe that it is a biblical issue, then leave safety out of it. Because THAT'S just not right. Safety has absolutely no bearing if yuor position is biblical.

Edited by - Naeblis on 30 June 2002 19:25:31

• Undecided
    Undecided

I agree.

I personally know more people who have been kill by transfusions than hane been saved.

I still think it is a personal decision though.

Ken P.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Listen, Violet,

I think that MOST of us do not ASPIRE to have blood transfusions. Also, the risk of accepting a blood transfusion has to be weighed against not having one. Such as in the case of Acute Leukemia. No blood, or fractions, usually means certain death.

Quite frankly, I am willing to bet that FAR MORE people have perished as a result of NOT accepting a transfusion when needed, than those that have and received "tainted" blood.

What happened in that article is awful. Hopefully, not too many people were affected by it. Yet, let's stay in reality here, ok?

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 30 June 2002 19:17:31

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Then again, "WE" always have the option of having our own blood stored for use later!

• nancee park
    nancee park

BIBLE SUPPORT FOR EMERGENCY BLOOD USAGE:
    1 Sam 14:32-5 Saul's men all ate unBLED meat to stay alive, 
    were not condemned for it. ; Saul had them build an altar 
    to show they regretted having to do what would normally have 
    been a death-incurring sin, but again Jehovah being well-
    balanced and fair forgave them. 
    Matthew 12 says David and his men ate holy temple bread to stay 
    alive although it normally incurred the death penalty, and Christ 
    points out God forgave them. He also notes in verse 7 that hard-
    nosed Pharisees ignore that "God wants mercy, not sacrifice."
    Jehovah, as many verses show is all-wise and good, so since He 
    has most normal identical twins to share a placenta and transfuse 
    blood back and forth to each other, this is His will.
    Feel free to slip copies of this into your kingdom halls or mail them 
    about, email them etc.

Edited by - nancee park on 30 June 2002 19:26:49

• patio34
    patio34

It seems to me that that kind of rationale is equivalent to not going into a hospital because X amount of people get staph infections. Or not having surgery because of human error sometimes made. Or .... Well, I'm sure you get my drift.

• Solace
    Solace

Did you ever notice while speaking with witnesses about the blood issue, they usually resort to listing the medical risks of receiving a transfusion. This however does not justify the W.T.S teaching and reason they forbid transfusions. There are obviously dangers in almost any medical procedure. This does not make the society any less responsible for the deaths that have occured over their false teaching.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

When your chance is ZERO of surivival without blood, and there's a minute chance of disease if you do take blood, then the odds are on your side.

(echoing naeb) If you reject blood for medicinal reasons, fine, but the WTBTS should keep it's hands off of JWs bodies.....

ashi

• COMF
    COMF

Hey Violet:

In September 1994 I was in a car wreck. Full head-on collision, two cars, both going 70 miles per hour. I had on a seat belt, which is why I didn't get impaled on the steering column. The seatbelt, while saving my life, took the skin off of my left shoulder and both sides of my waist. It also ruptured 14 inches of intestine, causing massive internal bleeding.

They took me to the emergency room, where I was given a blood transfusion during lifesaving procedures. As a result of that transfusion, I got Hepatitis C, which we discovered in 1999 when I tried to donate blood and was refused after testing. So I got treatment for it, took shots 3 times a week and pills twice a day for a year. At the end of that time, they couldn't find any evidence of it in my system.

They say you can never cured of HepC, but you can beat it down into dormancy. You have yourself tested a couple of times a year. Then if it resurfaces again in 15 years or so, you do the treatment again and beat it down to dormancy again for another 15.

I'd rather be alive with HepC than dead, Violet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit