Inactive 3yr, baptised & "expecting&qu...

by lofromchicago 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• lofromchicago
    lofromchicago

I have been a lurker for quite some time now (3 years maybe), and I vist the site a few times every couple of months. However, a situation has presented itself and I need to talk to someone. My "story" from 3 years ago is posted on http://www.jwfiles.com/jws-leaving/paul.html for some background info (I'm 26 now).

So here's the deal: I'm going to be a daddy. After leaving the organization (by simply becoming inactive), and dodging this bullet for 3 years, my supposed "life of sin" has caught up with me. The woman is someone who I've known and dated for 3 years, but who is now my ex-girlfriend (yes, yes, stupid me for sleeping with her after we "broke up", but I'm sure some of you know how that goes). This is just the kind of situation I wanted others to know about: Previously outstanding Brother gets "corrupted" by apostates, stops going to meetings but not DF'd, moves to another city with non-jw girlfriend, gets now non-jw ex-girlfriend pregnant 3 years later, goes home to face the music and receive "I told you so" remarks from family and well respected JW father who happens to be an Elder. Great, eh?

I'm sitting here thinking of the different scenarios that could play themselves out. I figure since I'm not in the home, he can't be forced to step down. So that's a good thing. But, here's the kicker: What are the chances that I can be DF'd since I'm still baptised, even though I've been inactive for 3 years? Right now I'm lucky I can still have a decent relationship with my family considering I don't believe in the organization any more. Rather than condemn me, my father has chosen to subscribe to the idea that I've tempoarily lost my way, or "drifted" from the Truth (even though he knows I don't believe the WTBS is God's true organization and will never go to another meeting in my life). However, now we're going a step further and admitting fornication (as if he thought I was a 26 year old virgin), along with having a child out of wedlock. I'm thinking this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Let's just suppose that my immediate family chose not to say anything to my aunts, cousins, uncles, etc. (rather improbable) Eventually, fate will put myself, my kid, and another JW friend of the family into the same room while visiting my parents house. Considering that my father is one of the Jaffa (anyone get that reference?), I think that in his eyes he will be forced to decide between his "loyalty to Jehovah" or his son. What do you think the chances may be that I could get DF'd after being away for so long? The man is already stressed financially as it is, he's getting up there in years, and I hate to unload this kind of news on him. My mother still has dreams of me dying at Armageddon for crying out loud, and shes' always pleading with me (although lately she's been mroe subtle with it) to "come back". I can't imagine my kid growing up not knowing his grandparents, cousins, aunts, etc., because of something like this. That would really suck.

I'd feel terrible not telling my parents I have a child, period. Hell, one day it will come out and things would probably be worse. I've thought about allowing my ex to raise the child by herself (which she offered to do in the beginning), but I'd feel like a total a$$ for not helping to raise my kid, even if we're not going to be together. We even entertained the idea of termination since she's only 4 1/2 weeks, but she's been through that before and I feel it would push her over the edge into deep depression and suicidal tendencies (would probably be an emotional wreck for years to come). FYI - There are other reasons we've considered termination, not just because of my issues alone. For the time being, however, we've decided to just face the music. She will raise the child, and I'll help her, but we won't do something like live together or get married just because she's pregnant. I'm not going to stay in a loveless relationship that involves a child. We'd be doing more harm than good. Right now we figure it's better to just be friends, have seperate relationships, but keep me involved so that the kid has a father figure, even if I can't do it full-time.

I'm not sure what other options I have at this point. We both weren't ready for this, but who is. Let this be a reminder to everyone not to continue sleeping with ex's because the sex is good (even if it's sometimes downright unbelievable). We used the "no sex when she's on the clock" method for 3 years, but this time our timing was off. It's not fair and sends mixed signals to both people, and it only get's worse when a child comes out of a relationship based on merely sexual impulses.

So ff you see a man and woman walking down the street wearing dunce caps and pushing a stroller, it's probably us. Take heed...

Thanks for listening...

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

HI! So sorry to hear about your situation. Everyone has a story- and each one has its own twists. First of all, your dad will face no reprocussions, since you don't live at home- his "status" won't be challenged. Second of all, since you have NO desire to be a witness, but want to not be disfellowshipped, you can lie your a** off & say it was the first time & you're so sorry & repent- and be PRIVATELY reproved- which only means you can't answer. (Like that's a priveledge. Third, you can adopt the baby out to me :-) My husband & I just came back from trying to adopt a month ago- talk about heart ache! ESPECIALLY after ESCAPING from the organization, I want to raise a child, NORMAL, without all the witness bs & guilt & crap. I wish you luck in all you do- and yes, I know how you feel. I was disfellowshipped, got reinstated just to take the label off- so my family COULD talk to me- although having them NOT be able to wasn't all bad.....lol- but now, my mom told me when you get disfellowshipped, its an automatic YEAR of regular meeting attendance to get back in- so I know I could NEVER do that- so if I get out- its forever. Good luck. Keep writing & posting & talking- it really does help. Oh, and if you want to adopt your baby out to a wonderful couple in Iowa- let me know :-)

• SYN
    SYN

PLEASE DON'T HURT YOUR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a tough situation for all involved, but "termination" is WRONGWRONGWRONG. *shudder*

Why are you giving these people so much control over YOUR LIFE? YOU are in charge here, not them! It's YOUR child, and YOUR LIFE, and you can do whatever you damn well please (apart from that "termination" thing PLEASE DON'T).

The only power JWs have over you is the power you GIVE THEM.

Don't give them that power.

I know you'll make it...

• SYN
    SYN

Another thing: The "Timer Method" doesn't work - the cycles are WAY to unpredictable. It's like playing Russian Roulette, only pulling the trigger is a hell of a lot more fun. To everyone reading this - the Timer Method IS NOT EFFECTIVE! Her hormones could kick in a day late, and you'd be "screwed", and remember that sperm has a life of SEVERAL DAYS in the womb. Just thought I'd letcha know for the future. Dude, use plastic, or at least get this woman on the Pill. Be a responsible adult.

• SYN
    SYN

Second Addendum: Just because a child came into the world because of "wild sexual impulses" doesn't mean you shouldn't love and cherish him or her. A child is a child! Who knows, you may even enjoy being a Daddy!

(I'm probably shooting my own mouth off here, as I'm way too young to really know much about this, but then again, these are just my uninformed views )

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not gonna give you the "birth control lecture" because it's too late (and because SYN already covered the topic sufficiently), but there have been some documented cases of women who ovulate spontaneously (apart from the normal cycle kind of ovulation) as the result of particularly strong sexual responses.

And then there are the chicks (and I desperately hope your ex-girlfriend is not one of these) who lure a former boyfriend into bed after a break up, knowing full well she's in her fertile phase, with the plan to become pregnant by him. (BTW, I'm an OB nurse. I see this happen with alarming regularity.) She goes through with the pregnancy and then sticks him with child support for the next 18 years. It's about as vindictive as you can get toward a guy who has dumped you. Unfortunately, these girls figure they'll be rolling in money, without thinking of the consequences to their own future or their child's future, and a lot of them have a hard life financially speaking, even if the child's father pays support and takes an active role in the child's life. And all of that is without the dub angle thrown into your situation.

Sad to say, but some dub parents (soon-to-be grandparents) are so hard-hearted that they won't even acknowledge a child born out of wedlock as being worthy of their grandparenthood. If you end up getting DFd over it, that will make it even more of a way for them to rationalize not having anything to do with their own grandchild.

One thing you might try is taking the approach that "Well, you must have had some idea that <girlfriend> and I were sexually active... we WERE together for three years!" Then compare it to someone who was baptized as a minor, and then carried on as a JW after becoming an adult, which "ratified" the baptism and made it enforceable in adulthood. They can't suddenly say "Well we were tolerant of your sexual misconduct because we didn't really know for sure, but now that she's pregnant, we are forced to acknowledge the facts and DF you." That just doesn't cut it, IMO. Since you're accepting the responsibility to co-parent this child instead of denying that it's yours, I would hope they'd regard this as a mature adult way of handling the matter, but I'm afraid they'll just use it as an excuse to DF you and shun both you and your child.

Other scenario could be that you get DFd, but they are lenient with your ex-girlfriend and the baby, in the hopes of converting the two of them eventually. I don't think you really want to go that route either.

Maybe the threat of a lawsuit against the congregation and individual members of any judicial committee for slandering you - the you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone route - will be one that gives you the most freedom. From what you've said, you aren't trying to draw your family members away from the JWs, so the elders have no reason to interfere in your personal affairs anymore.

Whatever you decide to do, all the best of luck!
    Love, Scully

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Lofromchicago said, "Previously outstanding Brother gets "corrupted" by apostates, stops going to meetings but not DF'd, moves to another city with non-jw girlfriend, gets now non-jw ex-girlfriend pregnant ..."

Hey man, I want to thank you for acknowledging the part _I_ played in getting your ex-girlfriend knocked up. Yeah, that was _ME_ who let the trouser snake loose.

Whatever you do, don't take personal responsibility for your actions, man.

Then Lofromchicago asked, "What are the chances that I can be DF'd since I'm still baptised, even though I've been inactive for 3 years?...What do you think the chances may be that I could get DF'd after being away for so long?"

My opinion? Pretty damned good.

Then to top it off, Lofromchicago went on to say,"I can't imagine my kid growing up not knowing his grandparents, cousins, aunts, etc., because of something like this. That would really suck...I've thought about allowing my ex to raise the child by herself (which she offered to do in the beginning), but I'd feel like a total a$$ for not helping to raise my kid, even if we're not going to be together. We even entertained the idea of termination since she's only 4 1/2 weeks, but she's been through that before and I feel it would push her over the edge into deep depression and suicidal tendencies (would probably be an emotional wreck for years to come). FYI - There are other reasons we've considered termination, not just because of my issues alone. For the time being, however, we've decided to just face the music. She will raise the child, and I'll help her, but we won't do something like live together or get married just because she's pregnant. I'm not going to stay in a loveless relationship that involves a child. We'd be doing more harm than good. Right now we figure it's better to just be friends, have seperate relationships, but keep me involved so that the kid has a father figure, even if I can't do it full-time."

Your kid deserves better than an irresponsible clown father and a ho mom. Try to find a little decency somewhere inside you and give the kid up for adoption to a family (a married man and woman) who will love it and do what is right for it.

You're not man enough for the job, sonny.

Get a vasectomy or take an oath to keep your willy wrapped and do Darwin a favor.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 30 June 2002 18:26:23

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi,

You don't ever want to go to a KH ever again right? Then you wouldn't want your child to feel guilty about not going door to door etc. when he/she is a little older.

SO....... when your child begins to grow, talk and become socially integrated with the neighborhood children AND begins to celebrate birthdays etc. he/she would be much better off spending the majority of the time with your ex-girlfriend's family, grandparents, uncles so on.

They will hopefully give your child a more balanced, tolerant and less judgemental home atmosphere in wich to grow. BY ALL MEANS be active in your child's upbringing.

Unconditional love will not be found within the JW members, unfortunately.

But YOU know better. Your child will need you to provide that unconditional love come what may.

Even when your child goes to college--YOUR PRESENCE will always carry the most weight.

You can always take your child to your side of the family for visits on non-holidays to prevent arguments. It will more than likely be an awkward time. But if your visits become causes of arguments over doctrinal matters, then you might have to make them short and sweet.

By showing respect to your parents when you are there, your child will grow to love them even if their set of beliefs never become his/her set of beliefs.

And as far as you being DF...... as long as you don't agree to meet with the judicial committee, they can only base their "judgement" on hearsay. And if they DF you on non-solid grounds then

hopefully your parents will see that for what it is -- and speak to you anyway.

Best wishes and CONGRATULATIONS!

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 30 June 2002 18:46:1

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 30 June 2002 18:48:14

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 30 June 2002 18:52:2

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Good luck? Congratulations?

Yeah, we need more fatherless welfare bastards growing up neglected, purposeless, stupid and angry.

We need more inner-city shooters, crack addicts and rapists.

How incorrect of me.

Welcome to the 'hood. BigDaddy! How many babies yo bitches got now?

Here's hopin that the f*cking you got is worth the f*cking you're gonna get.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Heartless, cold, crude, and wrong. Thanks for posting, Nathan, you ninny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit