cutting to the heart of the matter

by dustrabbit 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

I wonder if they'd be willing to do this to a few pedophile Witnesses?
    (souce: Yahoo! News)
    ----------------
    Italy Politician Calls for Castration of Rapists
    Sat Jun 29, 2:45 PM ET

ROME (Reuters) - A top Italian politician called on Saturday for the castration of rapists in the wake of a series of rapes in northern Italy.

"It is an intolerable situation. To avoid these shameful crimes there is only one solution -- the physical castration of these delinquents," Roberto Calderoli, the vice president of Italy's Senate (upper house), said in a statement.

"Once upon a time one spoke of chemical castration, but personally I tend more toward simpler methods: scissors, and ones that are not necessarily sterilized," Calderoli, a member of the rightist Northern League, added.

• neyank
    neyank

I second that motion!

neyank

• Prisca
    Prisca
    but personally I tend more toward simpler methods: scissors, and ones that are not necessarily sterilized

I agree, hahahahaha.....

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

after castration sew it to there foreheads and tatoo rapist on it.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Amen!

-Rick

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

My only concern is that what about a guy who was falsely accused?
    That would be a downer to lose Captian Winkie!

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I saw this idea in a book by Anne McCaffrey (sp?) a few years ago, & I wholeheartedly agree.

To prevent unneccessary de-manlinizings, you do it only in the case of incontrovertable DNA proof, IMO.

And to the nay-sayers who protest that rape isn't a crime motivated by sexual desire, but by a desire for control & violence, I say: When the castrated rapist finds some other novel way to rape someone, then we start removing other digits/limbs. You use a part of your body to deprive someone of their rights, and you give up your right to that part of your body.

ZERO tolerance.

• ISP
    ISP

Wow........I never heard a politician come out with such stuff! You cannot deny the logic. Hey....but watch out for the girlfriend etc. that says you 'raped' her when you didn't but wants to get even!!!!

ISP

• Francois
    Francois

Every few years some bozo in the Georgia legislature comes up with this idea. Ain't gonna happen, no matter how good an idea it seems; remember "cruel and unusual"? This idea has actually been tried previously and couldn't pass constitutional muster. Of course, with new Supremes, it could.

Chemical castration is another matter however, and it is done in many states and in other countries. It has the beneficial effect of being reversible if it is later discovered that there is a juridicial "oops!" associated with the case.

$0.02.

Francois

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

I was watching a show on Discovery channel about this very topic..

I believe it was in the state of Texas (or California, I forget) where they are trying this very (chemical) solution. Convicted rapists and molestors who are due to get out early because of parole are required to take the chemical castration drugs until their parole is up, and their complete term is served. They said that they were conducting a study to see if it helps, as about 95% of all rapists/molestors end up back in jail within 2-3 years for committing the same crime(s) again once they are released..

I think they said that the 'early' results of this test were positive, in that the number of offenders repeating their past behaviour was signifigantly less than the average.

Oh, and I agree, I wouldn't want any law that would say you must endure physical castraition, simply because it could not be reversed if there was a mistake (and we all know that humans are imperfect, and make mistakes)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit