WT LAWSUIT WITHOUT HELP!

by Naomimara 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Naomimara
    Naomimara

My May 19th posting "PLEASE HELP..." had almost 800 readers. For this I am thankful.

Nevertheless, I'd welcome feedback on why no one wanted to help. I'm a bit confused because after reading this discussion board for a period of time, with the strong sentiments expressed on it to seek redress for covered up abuses, I thought this was where I should humbly reach out for help.

It's okay if no one wants to, I do feel a little embarrassed now for asking, but perhaps for the future someone may have a suggestion as to why what I posted was not a good idea.

Truly,

Naomi-mara

• Naomimara
    Naomimara

Jim,

You would have to go back to my June 19th posting to read what my plea was. IF someone were interested in reading my legal complaint and was IN A POSITION to help with a contribution then that would have been appreciated. Even if someone would not be able to respond with what I requested, and they communicated that a smaller amount could be sent, I would have welcomed such. Even suggestions as to other ways to manage would have been welcomed. I have exhausted my resources beyond my ability and have no where else to turn. The fact that not much was said by anyone is what has been a little frightening.

Nevertheless, realistically, I know that money is the formidible roadblock to all projects as the lack of response to my past posting is part of the reality of life that I have to accept.

Thank you for asking,

NM

• Francois
    Francois

Suggest you go visit the ACLU. If your case interests them, you won't have to go onto web sites like this and ask for it. There's just too many scam artists on the I-net for comfort. We've had our share of them right here in fact. Sorry, but them's the plain fax.

Frank

• Naomimara
    Naomimara

Frank,

It would be difficut to state step by step all avenues that I have tried working with. Most civil liberties issues that are acceptable have been secular. Remember, JWs are hated people and when it comes to church v. state (or individual) the wall is insurmountable. I am grateful for the attorney of record who is courageous to step up to the plate, nevertheless he puts my case off many times for a project more lucrative. At this point, I've secured all legal prepartions to date on the case as far as possible but what has happened is that I have spent so much energy with matters, and am in debt so greatly, that I have trouble meeting daily expenses. I will though, because of the Catholic church scandal consider some of the past organizations and take your suggestion but remember, at best they would provide legal expense. I don't think they care if I have a bed, shower or vehicle do you?

Thanks, I appreciate your communicating - NM

• Naomimara
    Naomimara

Jim,

1. As I just replied to Frank, until the Catholic church scandal last year truly broke out, there was no interest generally to get involved with a religious organizational issue, especially JWs because the organizations reputation has been legally spotless and contributing to the 20th century freedom issues - some 42 US Supreme Court cases addressed. I first started the case in 1996 and even going to school for legal assistance, it took me some 2 years to find a lawyer who would take it. I have a list of women's organizations, anti-violence adm., trusts and grant funds, etc that I wrote and called on for help and direction. Most of the time I was told to give up; the issues being too great.

2. This case would help set precedent legally. It is one thing to sue an abuser, but to put blame on individuals who were in a position to help and who not only closed their eyes but to date are perpetrating abuse by refusing to take responsiblity while further using slander and other devious means to "get rid of the victim" (you well know the procedure from all the victims that have spoken out) is outrageous.

Sure, there is no reason why I should be disabled before my time and there is no reason that I shoud be in financial hardship because of what others got away with, so of course I am requesting damages in my lawsuit for injury. I have held out because an offer could have been made me last year but I said before the judge, 'I don't want to take some settlement, agree to a gag order and have to go on as if all is well. This case has to be heard, not just for me but for all the other victims out there.' Therefore I sacrificed a pretrial settlement.

3, I wouldn't waste time if I didn't think this case was right, just and with a good chance to win. As for funds there has already been tens of thousands invested. (By the way, I'm not asking anyone for thousands or hundreds or even fifties (smile)). I approached it more in light of 'here I have a piece of my hard work and creative writing (41 pages) for sale if anyone wants to buy it and help at the same time'. People write books all the time and sell them. True, its drier than a novel, but it is seriously unique and the legal arguments may be helpful to others who are considering a case or would like to share with an attorney in their area.

Is this helpful?

I'll tell you what. If anyone contributed, I would keep their address if they would like, and if and when I win, I will return 7 fold and if I don't get much at least I can double it. Now isn't that a good deal?

Thanks - NM

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No one in their right mind is going to send an unknown poster money.We`ve seen too many scams on this board on a daily basis.If this case isn`t about money why are you willing to pay 2-7 times more than people give you?I`ll tell you why,it`s the hook to get people to send you money.You don`t want thousands or 100`s or 50`s,hell you`ll take 20`s or what ever they got.This is a scam post pure and simple.I hope no one is sucker enough to fall for this...OUTLAW

• Naomimara
    Naomimara

Dear OUTLAW

Why not call or e-mail Bill Bowen? He knows me. (Also, check verification back on the 19th). In fact he had some of my legal pleadings months ago and we've talked some. In fact if persons were interested we could have worked it out where they went through Bill as middleman.

You could easily check with any law library to verify the case in Connecticut. You could even get such information over the telephone.

What you said wasn't true and was unfair. No one need feel obligated to do anything - I have been very depressed lately and it be better that I don't feel beaten down more. You know to survive takes energy. I'd rather not say anymore on this thread if it causes negative reaction.

NM

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

NM - I'm sorry for the negative vibes you're getting. What you are undertaking is huge at least. I would email you but your email is blocked. Please email me.

Please keep your chin up - every great accomplishment is one hard fought.

Hugs NM,

Mimilly (please email me)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Whether you like it or not your thread looks like a scam post.You say moneys not important then you ask for money and offer 2-7 times the amount sent in.You say your not looking for $1000`s,$100`s or $50`s.Lawyers don`t work for free.So ten dollars here and 5 dollars there won`t pay for a lawyer,but it might buy you some smokes and a six pack of beer...OUTLAW

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Ma'am, why is your email locked? If you want help people will need to get in touch with you and to do that your email needs to be accessible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit