Well another one leaves the Borg.

by John Aquila 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I took a quick trip to the store and I happened to see a young man (About 26-28 years old) who got baptized about the same time I was leaving- about 2 years ago. A couple of pioneer sisters found him in the door to door work. One of them, a very attractive girl.

This young man’s girlfriend has just broke up with him and he was devastated. The man had just finished his business degree and was going back for hospital administration schooling. When I recognized him I approached him to say hi and he sticks out his hand and tells me, “Woa, sorry, I really don’t want to talk to you”

I was taken back, and felt it was because of my beard or probably negative talk about me. So I asked him, “May I ask why? He tells me,"I not a Jehovah Witness anymore and I really don’t want anything to do with you people.” I told him, “Well I’m not either.” So he looked shocked and then relaxed and we started talking. I asked him what cause him to leave, “Was it the internet? “No,”

Then he continued, “After about a year I started noticing things, like the elders of the congregation. I mean these are the leaders, the examples, and they are the stupidest people I have ever met. Have you ever heard their talks? I mean it’s crazy. People praise them after a talk and all they do is read an outline and spit out a couple of stupid jokes that make no sense. That’s what I’m supposed to strive to be like? Like these nincompoops?”

“Have you met the pioneers? All these people want to do is work part-time meager jobs, and go door to door peddling their magazines. Oh, have you seen their magazines? They are like 1st grade reading material.”

And the Jehovah witness girls, do you know what they are like? That pioneer sister that found me, I invited her to go dancing and she said no because it was worldly. I invited her to fly with me to NY for a weekend to see some theater plays, and I would pay for everything and she said it was wrong to do that. I invited her to go to the San Diego zoo in California for a weekend, and she said that was not wise. Can you imagine me marrying a Jehovah Witness girl? It would be a nightmare marriage.”

Then they found out I had a degree and was still going to school. They would make these remarks that vilified education. That education was from the devil. I was like, “What's wrong with these people”

Then what finally did it, was when we had the Circuit Overseer visit the hall and he gave a talk. He said from the platform that a person that pursues Higher Education is showing his true colors spiritually. And that such a person would not make a very good husband or wife. A person like that longs for the things of the world just like Lot’s wife, and we know what happened to her don’t we friends? She became a pillar of salt. How would you like to marry someone who at the very end becomes a pillar of salt?

After he said that, I got up during his talk, left my book bag, Bible, magazines there on the chair and walked out, got in my car and left. I changed my phone number right away and never looked back. Those people are crazy. I’m just upset I wasted a year of my life.

Now I have a job that pays over 100k and hopefully with just a little more experience and more schooling I can get my own hospital to run and make real good money. I want nothing to do with those people.

I asked him if they contacted him and he said, “Not that I know of, but then again I’m either at school or studying on weekends and work during the week. I said, “you know, they might disfellowship you.” He said, “I don’t give a Fu** what they do."

• Heaven
    Heaven

Awesome story JA, thanks for sharing it.

If someone has a logical, reasoning mind it gets more and more difficult to accept what they try to shove down your throat day in and day out. And it's not just one little thing. It's EVERYTHING! The heap of crap just gets bigger and bigger.

Glad this young man had the strength to admit "This is not for me.", leave, and get on with his life.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I think allot of the few people who are coming in do it because of the lovebombing and the attention of those trying to convert them. Many convert during a traumatic time in their life or if they are disgruntled by their church or pastor. The JWs studying with them will be extra nice, make allot allowances, seem non-judgemental, and seem so different from other churchgoers. Then they get dunked and everything changes.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Bravo!! Bravo to that young man! One less "victim" that the WTBTS can fleece of youth, life, and liberty.

I wish I could have been with you. I wish I could have heard him speak. His words could have very well been mine, even though I was born in. I had similar conversations with my parents growing up, about how uppity and smug JW girls were....that nothing you did was ever good enough. The constant bashing of higher education, while some Elder's kids secretly obtained degrees anyway, and no one knew until they got a good-paying job.

It's experiences like this that confirm to me that leaving was the right thing to do, and that I in fact am not crazy. THEY are the crazy brainwashed Cult members. I hope you gave that young man this website address, as well as told him he was lucky to have escaped a highly-controlling CULT.

If the JW's had their way, this young fellow would have immediately dropped out of college, started his own janitorial business while full-time Pioneering beside a literature cart, and giving every cent to the contribution box and every ounce of life to the cult. Guess he wasn't having any of that? Guess he didn't want to be a complete LOSER all his life, huh?

Incredible story......really made my day!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    ROCK ON MY MAN.....ROCK ON ! !
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Londo111

Londo111 7 minutes ago
    Many convert during a traumatic time in their life

Exactly, his girlfriend had just broken up with him when the JWs called. That's the only way a person at the door will listen, is if something traumatic has just happen to them.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

"I'm just upset I wasted a year of my life."

I wish I could say that. Bravo for him!!! Thanks for sharing.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Man you could not write a better anti JW outline if you were just making it up. Sweet.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    The main thing.....is not to panic..
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

WingCommander

I hope you gave that young man this website address, as well as told him he was lucky to have escaped a highly-controlling CULT.

This man didn’t need any internet information on Jehovah’s witnesses, he came to the conclusion that they were just way off from normal human beings, just by observation. Which is actually a good thing.

The organization is now at a point where just by observing them, you can tell that they don’t fit the parameters of what is considered a normal human being.

The desire to only want menial part time work so you can pioneer, no aspirations to better yourself, vilifying education constantly, and excessive concern for Armageddon is enough for any reasonable thinking person to figure out sooner or later that these people are mentally on the low side of the bell curve for what is considered normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit