The Case for Theism

by FusionTheism 182 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am such a fallacious snob... sorry lol and a bit of an asshole I might add.

I guess the goat herder moses, who may or may have not existed and wrote about a history that may or may not have happened could have been just as enlightened as us about our universe.

Why are we so afraid to say that bronze age myth plagiarizers didn't have morality, or science right, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

“God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance.”
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Stephen Hawking himself declares that if "Imaginary Time" ends up being false that means...
    "There would have to be something outside the universe, to wind up the clockwork, and set the universe going."

That in no way supports your false claim.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    This website has a huge case of Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater

No one is throwing you out.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Jonathan Drake,

Stephen Hawking himself declares that if "Imaginary Time" ends up being false that means...

"There would have to be something outside the universe, to wind up the clockwork, and set the universe going."

This doesn't matter. You cannot take the mans work and just assume he's talking about God. I promise he isn't, as he's elsewhere stated his opinions on god. Further "IF" imaginary time were false and that does mean something outside wound up the universe, that doesn't mean it's god that did it.

Even more, if this did prove God existed (I emphasize if) all itwould mean is that he's a malevolent piece of shit who wound it up and just watched every one suffer and die. Your not really making a good argument and it's because you're taking something that's about one thing in particular and desperately trying to make it about something else and misuse your mental capacity to twist it into some pro-God farce that it was not intended to be. If hawking saw this thread he'd shred your entire op.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The only baby thrown out with the bathwater is sweet baby jesus ... and thats just in this thread, don't blame the site.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Viviane, you started this thread by accusing me of lying or misrepresenting what Stephen Hawking said.

I want you to show me where I did that.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Jonathan Drake,

I don't give a damn whether we call this "Something" God or Allah or Jehovah or Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Why are YOU so hung up on labels???

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

FusionTheism

Answer one question for me with a yes or no answer and i will leave your thread alone. Please yes or no.

Is Steven Hawking an Atheist?

And viviane will you marry me?

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Fusion

For the love of all that you hold dear, please, oh please, before you continue with your tedious vomit, please go away and learn some worthwhile science and the understanding that goes with it, then, and only then, if you must, come back and we can talk sensibly. Otherwise, peace off.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, you started this thread by accusing me of lying or misrepresenting what Stephen Hawking said.
    I want you to show me where I did that.

I didn't start this thread nor say you were lying or misrepresenting what Stephen Hawking said. You are free to want a lot of things. I've no idea how you think your wants has any meaning for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit