The Case for Theism

by FusionTheism 182 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cappytan
    cappytan

If Richard Dawkins says that we evolved from apes, why do we still have Richard Dawkins?

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!j

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The evidence against God is abundant because of the evidence against all the sources of theism - I disagree. Perhaps 'God' and 'theism' should be disentangled.

Sir David Attenborough, replying to the question "do you believe in God?", said "I don't know". I agree with this. It seems that Richard Dawkins does, too.

I also agree with the following:

There is no evidence for God's existence.

Evolution happened.

Religious people should live within the law like everyone else.

There is no place for religion in the public sphere.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    just reading your op fusiontheism and I have to say God as mind or intelligent designer does not appeal to me. Mind as a sort of super consciousness doesn't either. Is this what theology is about? I don't think so as I have been very surprised that some theologians think of God as activity rather than mind, or as love rather than mind.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Cofty and outlaw, I like you both.

Cofty, incredibly intelligent, but also respectful. Very warm and compassionate. A classy guy. I've grown to like you a lot, even tho I differ from you with the theist/atheist thing.

Outlaw, a very funny, emphatic sharpshooter. Loves satire and wit. Doesn't pull any punches but is not mean.

However, omg! Too much bickering here over agnostic/atheist Dawkins. You're both right, ok?

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Faye, you're too nice!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FayeDunaway..

Your a SweetHeart ..

• cappytan
    cappytan

FayeDunaway is all class.

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Peace at last. Fay your comment was most refreshing :)
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Thank you, and I'm embarrassed :).
  • prologos
    prologos

Therefore, it is entirely possible that an effect could preceed a cause or in fact there was no connection between cause and effect. Doltologist: with that interesting statement and no movement through time, the concept of an un-created creator becomes a possibility.

Vivian: "No it does not--" Prologos: "yes it does, because if the "creator does not move through time, there can be no connection between his cause, his origin and the effect, his existence.

"dark energy is a property of the void.

Vivian" It could also be a teapot made of rhinocerus wool spoons.

Prologos: There is a big difference between assuming the Universe was ordered by a deist /worker/creator* and conjuring up a teapot boiling with dark energy. very ingenious, Ma'm.

" colour is stuck and not a reflection of my calm mood.
    + at least Richard Dawkin gives it a 1.5 % possibility that it is not a teapot but a creator/god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit