The Case for Theism

by FusionTheism 182 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    Don`t repeatedly claim you can prove there is Evidence of No god..

There is tons of evidence against the god of christian theism. As I have said many times the word "proof" is inappropriate. It belongs to mathematics.

Claim someone is an Atheist..When they have Clearly said they prefer not to be called an Atheist as Dawkins has done..

Where did he say he "preferred not to be called an atheist"? Can we have that quote please? The newspaper headline doesn't count.

He actually said "We who are atheists.." - Dawkins

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Don`t repeatedly claim you can prove there is Evidence of No god..

Then beat people up because they won`t accept your lack of proof..Or..

The evidence against God is abundant because of the evidence against all the sources of theism. But I take it you know this and agree with that evidence and that what we are really dealing with is your view that actively opposing theists in an aggressive debate sort of way is inappropriate?

Is this correct? Because I want to make sure I understand your thoughts here before I respond with my own.

• cofty
    cofty
    what we are really dealing with is your view that actively opposing theists in an aggressive debate sort of way is inappropriate?

As a bit of context Outlaw is a moderator of a forum run by a bunch of crazy theists who think god literally speaks to them. They used to post here.

He is very sensitive to any criticism of believers and tends to confuse opinions and facts.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    @cofty & outlaw. Can you guys get a room already lol.
  • cofty
    cofty

Every time I respectfully disagree with anything Outlaw says his class-clown facade slips to reveal a vitriolic alter-ego.

People deserve respect; delusions and superstitions do not.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well I love everyone. Even the wacky theists. Where did fusion go? Lol but i do agree we should not be held back from calling bad ideas what they are. But always put away ego and do it for growth, knowledge and progress. And occasional humor.

I will pray to Odin for all of you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As I have said many times the word "proof" is inappropriate. It belongs to mathematics.....cofty

And..

To the Auto mechanic that put the brake pads on you car..Unless you don`t need proof your car has brakes ..LOL!!..

You say some really dumb ass things and expect people to buy it..

People aren`t going to Dumb Down for you here..Your not a WBT$ JW Elder in a Kingdom Hall anymore..

The evidence against God is abundant because of the evidence against all the sources of theism. But I take it you know this and agree with that evidence and that what we are really dealing with is your view that actively opposing theists in an aggressive debate sort of way is inappropriate?.....Johnathon Drake

I can honestly say " "I see no evidence of God".....In the unlikelihood of it presenting itself,I will reconsider..

I`m not against people expressing their beliefs..

I`m against people who relentlessly beat people over the head with them..

They still have a WBT$ JW Mind Set..They serve no one but themselves..

Someone who is deeply entrenched in the Idea of the Existance of God..

Is`nt going to jump straight to abandoning a belief in God..

Those people need time to think,they have`nt done that in a very long time..

They literally need to rehabilitate their ability to think on their own again..

Intellectually beating the shit out of them every chance you get..

Will only cripple them further..

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Someone who is deeply entrenched in the Idea of the Existance of God..
    Is`nt going to jump straight to abandoning a belief in God..
    Those people need time to think,they have`nt done that in a very long time..
    They literally need to rehabilitate their ability to think on their own again..

This I completely agree with.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As a bit of context Outlaw is a moderator of a forum run by a bunch of crazy theists who think god literally speaks to them. They used to post here.

He is very sensitive to any criticism of believers and tends to confuse opinions and facts....cofty

Ah yes..More personal attacks..You have nothing better to offer..

No problem..

Those are some very nice people with eccentric beliefs..

They were extremely easy targets and your a opportunist bully....You prey on the weak..

Now I make sure they have a safe place to enjoy each others company..

You certainly weren`t going to let that happen here..

• cofty
    cofty
    You say some really dumb ass things and expect people to buy it..

I don't say dumb things, I think before I type.

You use "proof" in the pedantic sense and then switch to the casual use of the word from one post to the next while ignoring all the logical and clear explanations of the important difference.

In an everyday sense I want the mechanic to prove he has tested my brakes properly. But to be pedantic I don't. It would not be possible. I will settle for reasonable evidence. Actually I fix my own brakes.

Similarly I am an atheist. I am happy to assert that I am 100% certain that the god of christian theism doesn't exist.

I am very certain there is no supernatural god of any kind but if we are being pedantic I can't "prove" it so STRICTLY SPEAKING that is agnosticism. In the same way and to the very same extent I am agnostic that the earth is not flat. I prefer to avoid both labels. Dawkins has often called himself an atheist while acknowledging that strictly speaking he could be called an agnostic.

You have jumped on that technical concession of Dawkins and - just like the Telegraph sub-editor - tried to make it sound as if he isn't too sure what he believes. This is intellectually dishonest.

I asked you where did Dawkins say he "preferred not to be called an atheist"? Can we have that quote please? The newspaper headline doesn't count.

He actually said "We who are atheists.." - Dawkins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit