The Man with the Golden Arm

by Marvin Shilmer 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

James Harrison is Australian and is known as The Man with the Golden Arm.

I've neither researched nor inquired of his religious disposition, but I feel safe assuming he's not now and never has been associated formally with the Watchtower organization.

This man is a national treasure and hero of the first order. I encourage readers here to spend a few moments and read this article about what he has done to help millions.

Here: This man's blood has saved the lives of two million babies

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Nice post Marvin.

jovies, watch the vid then hang your collective shit heads in shame.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I remember reading about this guy even back when I was a JW, and being impressed.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    The Man with the Golden Arm

I thought you meant Jaime Lannister

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thanks for sharing Marvin.

This is one story you won't read about in any of WT's literature or video you won't see on their website.

Wow...and its' only his plasma that has that key ingredient.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    This is one story you won't read about in any of WT's literature or video you won't see on their website.

There was a time when Watchtower's leadership would have heralded this man's selflessness as heroic. But no more.

See: Watchtower praises the donation and feeding of blood as heroic

• dhlpcjw
    dhlpcjw

Had he been a witness at the time of all those blood transfusions he recieved he would have been removed from the congregation and sentenced to die at the great battle of ARMAGEDDON. Likely many living today would never have come into existence- some of those probably JWs. Thankfully he saw fit to return the favor of giving back what sustained his own life.

Today if you're a pregnant JW and you happen to have the opposite blood type than your unborn child, it's alright under current doctrine to accept this antibody because the vaccine they created from his blood contains blood fractions! Give all thanksgiving and praise to Jah that you didnt get pregnant back when all products containing any amount of blood were banned! No doubt Watchtower/Slave/Jehovah would condemn this man who disrespects the sanctity of life by providing the blood necessary to save your baby.

Such hypocrisy.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Even though the vaccine is made from one of the fractions now deemed acceptable, James Harrison would still be disfellowshipped for donating his blood.

Well OF COURSE that makes sense.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I talked to a 'fellow' elder (I'm no longer and elder of course) about the subject of BLOOD donation. I told him how hypocritical jw's are when it comes to BLOOD donation. He, of course, took issue with my statement. So, I asked him how many times he has donated BLOOD. He, of course, said that he had never donated BLOOD.

So, I then asked him how many time he had been to the doctor or hospital and had BLOOD drawn in order to perform BLOOD tests for his medical condition? And then I followed that question with, "What happened to the BLOOD that was drawn from you for the BLOOD test?"

So, it's ok to DONATE BLOOD to help improve or diagnosis our own medical situation, but not to help OTHERS!

HYPOCRITES!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit