Why are we not "officially" informed?

by MacHislopp 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello,

do you find normal that:

“It is interesting to point out that nearly a year after ceasing its policy of
    disfellowshipping Jehovah’s Witnesses who accept blood or the blood
    products that are still forbidden, the WTS has never informed the publishers
    of the change. (As from April 2000).Only congregation elders have been
    informed “

J.C. MacHislopp

• somebody
    somebody

That's easy. Because they had to be sneaky about those kind of doctrine changes. Why? because PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY NEEDLESSLY DIED. How would you feel if you lost a family member 5 years ago, BEFORE the change? The WBTS thought of that question and so they snuck the change in. Just like the when they decided to feed followers new spiritual stuff regarding organ transplants were no longer considered cannibalism. Seems if the change effects life or death, they prefer to stick the new light in the "questions from readers" section instead of making followers aware of it by making it a repetative study article. If followeres were made aware of such changes, they might leave and no longer support the WBTS business. What do you think is more important to the WBTS? Peoples lives? Or loss of money/members? I'll put it this way too. The blood fraction doctrine is VERY important. It's a matter of life and death to followers who are in desperate need. Almost all JWs don't know what fractions of blood Jehovah says is ok, and which fractions Jehovah says are not ok. This is important enough for the WBTS to make repetative study articles about, so that followers KNOW and UNDERSTAND it all. Have they? NO. They would rather keep repeating over and over and over and aver again and again and again, how great a privilege it is to go door-to-door, collecting donations from people in exchange for their printed stuff.

You raised a very good question! One that struck a nerve in me, and one that more JWs should raise themselves.

peace,
    somebody

Edited by - somebody on 5 March 2001 20:27:27

Edited by - somebody on 5 March 2001 20:30:19

• philo
    philo

CONTINUE IN THE THINGS LEARNED

Here's the information pecking order:

1.WT Leadership and branches
    2.HLCs (and Apostates, simultaneously)
    3.'Worldly Media'
    4.Congregation Elders
    5.Congregation drones

Now where on the list are the R&F? Oh yes they are the last to be told about anything.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello JC,

do you find normal that:

For the way the WTBTS does business, *yes* I find this course of action normal for them. Very normal.

waiting

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello waiting, philo and somebody

Thanks for your good comments.

I have the impression that somehow

you have situated me on a wrong...plane.

Sorry, my next posting will clarify

a bit more (I hope) ...my profile.

J.C. MacHislopp

• Focus
    Focus
    “It is interesting to point out that nearly a year after ceasing its policy of disfellowshipping Jehovah’s Witnesses who accept blood or the blood products that are still forbidden, the WTS has never informed the publishers of the change. (As from April 2000).Only congregation elders have been informed “

But, but... "Oh So High Up" F iend said in the Pedophile thread that there was NO DIFFERENCE between Official JW Policy and congo-level Practice ON IMPORTANT AREAS .. and LIFE or DEATH sounds important to me!

My. Oh my. Is he a LIAR, or am I missing something?

--
    Focus
    (Innocent as doves... Class)

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hi Focus,

so you are telling me that "someone

on high" gave a different version?

Oh, ..we are very, very sad...

But what about the official WTS letters

to the PRESS, to the HLC, to all the BoE???

These interesting informations are ...BURIED

somewhere in the NET..!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

(P.S. Thanks for showing me the net/etiquette when quoting)
    I DO MEAN IT!

• mommy
    mommy

Somebody,
    I am as infuriated as you at times. My blood boils at the outright lies being told and the R&F keep walking with smiles on their face. I brought out the change in voting to my active jw mom. She claimed to be unaware that this policy even exsisted. Funny how that one was stuck in the QFR too. BTW she did come back and say as any good Jw would, "Well they have to word it like that for legal purposes, but everyone knows we are not to vote." HMM on a personal level I too could have avoided critisim for YEARS in school, by just standing up putting my hand over my heart and mouthing the pledge of allegience. But I know that this is hypocritical, so what is the difference?
    How can they not SEE that they are running around in circles with their views and what is good for some is not good for others. And when it comes to life or death issues, such as blood and voting, or military involvement. The basic principals that make them different, and signs that they are God's chosen. I share your frustration but we can't beat our heads against a slammed door! I find it very helpful to scream and let it out here. I enjoyed your post
    wendy

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings!
    I have a few reasons in mind,why it's not explained clearly and succinctly to the r/f.
    One is the issue of power and control....can't have the r/f making up their own minds now can we? (this takes some control away from the big boyz)
    Another is $$$$$,can you imagine the lawsuits due to the specious and changing policy on blood?
    Just a few thoughts FWIT,Tina

• LDH
    LDH

MOMMY!

GOOD ANSWER - GOOD ANSWER!!!!

I'm gonna use that one on a coupla people.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit