JW Literature?

by KKLUV155 14 Replies latest jw friends

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

This is my first post, Just wondering how long after you left the borg. did it take you to get rid of all your books and literature. I felt ashamed to get rid of mine and it took me about 5 years to finally break down and dispose of it. What do ya'll think?

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I packed it away in boxes...but it took me 7 years to throw it out.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I threw it all out right away - lived in a little apartment and just didn't have the room. Besides - I hadn't really used any of it in a long time.

My dad gave me a few books over the past couple years before he passed away so now I have the Aid book, Reasoning from the Scriptures, a couple NWT, and a few others. I use them from time to time in research - but mostly just keeping them for sentimental reasons (funny - I know - but I miss my dad so probably won't throw out anything he gave me)

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I gave all mine to a university in Louisiana, when I moved to Florida. It included Jw literature, Bible Student literature and anti-Witness. I haven't returned to find out if they kept any of it or not.

• SweatPea
    SweatPea

I've been out (DF'd) since 1967. All of the books are packed away in the attic. Thought about having a book burning.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Sweetpea...shoot me an email please.. [email protected]

• ISP
    ISP

I kept my WT literature. Never know when it will come in handy!

ISP

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I got rid of mine immediately but in the last few years regretted it so am collecting again - ammunition you know <very evil grin>

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

When I first disassociated myself I thought long and hard about throwing away all of the Watchtower literature in my possession.

A book burning would be momentarily therapeutic, but I decided I would keep the information I have as printed by the Watchtower Society to use as a weapon against them, so as to fight back.

You see when my grandfather (who was an elder for 45 years and a baptized Witness for 54) died, I was left all of his literature.

I now have all the WT and Awake bound volumes from 1945 - 2000, and almost all of the old books printed ranging from the 1940's to present.

It definitely comes in handy in exposing the glaring contradictions and false predictions of the Jehovah's Witnesses over the years.

It has posed a very powerful tool in reaching other people's minds and helping people exit the cult.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 26 June 2002 18:43:5

• termite 35
    termite 35

I have just(this week) finally got rid of (in the recycle bin and burning)all the magazines I had left and all the year books...I still have the proclaimers book and the two Insights;Only because I did'nt actually read them and there may be some juicy contradictions in them...

I decided to get rid of them as I know they can be handy for research; but I just don't want to spend my precious time pouring over them; I don't even want to look at them or know they're in my house.Also, what if anything happened to me and my children felt compelled to keep them and God forbid, read them; and I was'nt around to refute it all...(a particular nightmare of mine!)

I felt it was important to burn or recycle as I did'nt want someone else to find them and have a crappy life...!

My local 2nd hand book shop is FULL of them;I even bought some a few weeks ago and put them in the recycle bin on the way home...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit