TRIVIA:The 3 Secret Sins - What are/were they ?

by Dismembered 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi all,

Anyone remember what the 3 "secret sins" were, that the GB counselled us on in the late 80's & early 90's. We were admonished to turn ourselves in if we were guilty so "Da Elders" could help us deal with them. Anyone remember? Those Bastards

• dobby
    dobby

I think I remember, masturbation and alcoholism? Can't remember the third.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Was the third one, gambling?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

2 out of three so far .....not gambling

• Gopher
    Gopher

The third secret sin was.... SMOKING !!!

I remember it being said, you couldn't be an appointed servant (MS or elder) in the congregation if you were single and practiced masturbation.

I wonder how they got ANY single elders or MS's.....

• Farkel
    Farkel

1) Child molestation
    2) Wife beating

but most importantly,

3) Cheating on your field service report!

Farkel

• Gopher
    Gopher

Honestly,

How can the elders really help people deal with such "secret sins"...??? Oh yeah, pray for them, and counsel them to think about positive things, maybe get out their Bible and clutch onto it??

Just thinking too.. there are "stop smoking" and "stop drinking" programs available for those who seek such help. Social services are available. But is there a "stop masturbating" workshop or program available? Hmmmmm....

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Gopher........I think you might be on to something. How 'bout the Betty Ford Center for the Treatment of Habitual Monkey Spanking. It would give Charlie Sheen something else to do.

-BONEZZ

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Oral Sex!!!

Kisses,

Moe

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Is it true that Smurfs perform oral sex because they have no genitalia? I'm trying to get a grant to study this phenomena.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit