WHY D.A YOURSELF??

by In_between_days 16 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Francois wrote:

: What good are friends or relatives who would shun you for any reason in the first place?

Good point! None!

gb

• patio34
    patio34

Hi IBDays,

I'm not either, just a walk-away quietly. But one person I know da'd herself because she wanted closure and not to have to hide any of her actions. I can see that point of view, as I don't dare put up a flag or Xmas tree that can be seen outside, because of JW neighbors. In a way, it'd be nice to have the freedom.

Pat

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Hi, New here. I DA'd myself about 1 year ago. The reason I did was as long as I was still inactive I felt like I had to look over my shoulder to see if any of the JW's were looking. I felt as long as I was just inactive the JW's still had "strings" attached. When I DA'd myself I chose to cut all strings. I felt great!!! I feel more at ease.

kkluv155

• professor
    professor

Why D.A. yourself?

To get it over with and get on with your life!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. When I DA myself....I was still a believer but I considered myself to be wicked or weak or both. When I chose to DA myself...it was indeed to follow their rules...because I felt that I was deserving of Jehovah's discipline.

If I'd known then, what I know now, I wouldn't have done it. It took me some time to stop defending the WT...and to merge into worldly life. I'm over it now and I'm pretty darn good at being a worldly AND an apostate

Beck

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Just as I would do everything in my power to end all connections with any other legal entity that conducts itself like the WBTS, I feel that Da'ing sends a clear message that I condem such behavior and that I in no way want to be affiliated with them.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In my own case I wanted to tell those that I felt closest to (my family, friends, and congregation members) that I loved them, but that I had to leave for serious reasons.

DA'ing publically seemed the only way to do this, even though I knew that whichever method I used it would be construed as insincere and a rejection of them personally.

The system has been set up so that the title of "Bird-fodder" sticks, whatever method you use, and to time indefinite.
    But then, shunning can also occur even if you don't take one of the titles.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20680&site=3
    http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit