But when I wake in that cold ,hard light
    Dread decends upon me with full might
    Pain and anguish,gloom and fright
    I really hope you never see me cry
    -----
    Frenchy

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

You've done it once again, Frenchy! Kudos!!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, Red. These are actually the lyrics to one of only two songs I have ever written... I'm glad you like it.

• Seven
    Seven

Frenchy, You speak often of dreams in your poetry.
    Your dreams must be very vivid, because if you are like most writers, you get a great deal of your material from them. I liked this poem for the same reason I like much of Poe's work.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Yes, Seven, my dreams are very vivid. My dreams are often nightmares, however, terrible things than are constantly chasing me. In the end they always catch up to me and then I wake up. Every now and then though I have this beautiful dream where everything is as I imagine it should be... I wake up with the emotions still very strong. I try to re-enter such dreams but I never can so I have to write or talk about them.
    I thank you very much for mentioning me in the same breath with Poe.
    How about you, what do you dream of?

• Seven
    Seven

I cannot lie-many of my dreams are of a romantic nature.I do have some very graphic nightmares. There are two in particular that I must write down. I have written several short stories based on my nightmares. Maybe one day I'll
    post one, but nothing compares to the poetry of the French Knight.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

M'lady, thou art far too gracious and generous with thy praise... I would love to read one of your stories, please post one...

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Frenchy,

Because of my background, my dreams usually are vivid and violent. When trying to restructure my memories and using self hypnosis, I learned that immediately upon waking, really while still half asleep, I could gently go back into the dream, and still be semi awake.

I found that after I'd been physically sick a couple of days, I could do the same thing because long drawn out pain rather makes the brain "fuzzy", or thinking seems half asleep.

My therepist said that it wasn't that uncommon because when the brain is "fuzzy", the conscious and sub-conscious boundries can be blurred and fascinating things can occur. I found that I could remember, and source, unique information.

Try walking gently in your mind while half asleep, the journey's not necessarily bad.

BTW, always enjoy your poetry, jokes, and story.
    Now you tell us that you can write songs - does it ever end??????

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you very much for your kind comments, waiting. I will have to try that 'fuzzy' approach sometime. Sounds very interesting. I find that sometimes (quite frequently, actually) that I will be dreaming and I am aware that it's a dream and I have some limited control of what is happening. Is this what you are referring to?

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Frenchy,

If your referring to being aware you are dreaming within a dream - no. That's different and I don't know what the heck they call that.

There is a time space between waking and sleeping which is quite similar to self-hypnosis (which seems, to me, to be a form of mind discipline which allows the mind to wander which takes mind freedom). If, upon waking, but not yet fully awake, we realize we were just in a dream, with practice, we can mind walk back into that dream and continue the dream. I don't believe you could fully control the dream. But there is a reasoning that you can request your subconscious to change/control.

Unlike self-hypnosis, I can't change the dream or anything, but I do tend to remember them well.
    At a later time, I can use self-hypnosis and actually mind walk back into the dream.

Actually, the only time I go back into dreams or waking moments of memories are when they pertain to my childhood. It takes a lot of time and concentration.

My therepist told me that some people who practice self-hypnosis actually go into the remaking of a memory, and change the outcome thus giving power to the powerless, i.e. the child. And also do what they want to the abuser, i.e. my father. He suffered violently in my mind for several years.

I took her suggestion and this is what I used to do. It's rather like those computer games, where the person is going through a long hall looking for things. That's what it's like to go back into a memory. You're just looking and you can see things unfold - but you don't have the power to change anything until the unfolding is over.

Then you can go back and change, but the original is still embedded in your mind. That never changes nor goes away.

I've tried to explain this to my incest group one time - but no one understood what I was talking about. I've never actually read about anyone else doing this, but would be curious to see how others approach it. My therepist said it was rare (she did not say odd, thank you.) She said I was not average (she did not say normal, thank you.)

Sorry I've rattled on - I've actually never talked about it fully. When I tried, people had no concept of what I was talking about. And in my incest group, they would leave the poor child to suffer in their minds for as long as they were alive. They didn't realize they could mentally save the child, thus saving themselves. If not based in reality, still based in mind.

Thanks for listenting, guess since you do poetry and stuff, your mind might be used to bending also?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit