"seven stars" of Revelation 1:20 - JW...

by stevieb1 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Stevieb1,

This is really nothing new. Go back to the 1988 book "Revelation Its Grand Climax At Hand!" on pages 28-29 for a discussion on this topic.

Here again as with the 144,000 the W.T. plays the numbers game. The seven stars (are not really angels) and are not really seven in number literally but are all elders (messengers) in the seven congregations. Here 7 is symbolic of all. But the 7 lampstands is a literal number signifying the 7 congregations.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    The seven stars (are not really angels) and are not really seven in number literally but are all elders (messengers) in the seven congregations.

Okay, I can't recall any message from God being transmitted by man first to other men. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ANGELS always give the direct message to chosen men so that there would be no confusion and claims of stupidity?

Also, if the stated "messengers" are elders, then we don't need angels.

It seems to me that the Angels aren't talking to the GB or anybody else associated with the WBTS...unlike ALL the faithful of old who were directly communicated with on a regular basis. I see no angelic diretion in the WBTS...only man-made direction....the blind leading the blind.

The GB claims to have recieved NO messages, no inspiration, nor any direction directly from the angles. None would claim to have heard, seen, or have been visited by an angel...so whose "message" are they giving?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Good points! Even John admitted that he received his message (not from an elder), but from an angel. (Rev. 1:1

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Ahhhhhh,

More new light.

Well, what about all the other congregations!!!

Change is good, but not in this case. How can they keep up with all of this "new light".

I think they need to change the bulb.

Karen/sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit