A New Nail in "FRIEND"'s COFFIN ;-)

by Focus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

hmmm...

Maybe it's just me, but I am not having any trouble understanding EXACTLY what Focus is saying.

As for those calling Focus "stupid", or, "an idiot", you aren't fooling anyone. You don't believe it for a second.

His words may have stung you, they may be bitter as wormwood, you may think him mean spirited, and you may even disagree w/ him on some points. But no, believe me, no one is buying it when you act as if you think he is stupid.

I think he is kind of cuddly.

• Xandit
    Xandit

There is a difference in stupidity and idiocy, and he's definitely an idiot.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Idiot:

"1. A man in private station, as distinguished from one holding a public office. [Obs.]

St. Austin affirmed that the plain places of Scripture are sufficient to all laics, and all idiots or private persons. --Jer. Taylor."

???

There is a difference in stupidity and idiocy, and he's definitely an idiot.

perhaps an example of his idiocy is in order?

• JT
    JT

While i will agree with all of you that my man Focus is warm under the collar on this issue.

it in no way changes the FACTS OR MERITS OF HIS ARGUMENT

COULD He have been a little more seasoned perhaps, but regardless he has clearly demostrated with quotes and letters and comments from the society

that clearly show how they have created a MINDSET among it's members

while Friend is correct in the most "TECHNICAL/Legal SENSE"

in the real world of WT it is a joke.

there have been many articles that dealt with one subject matter and elders are instructed by co and do to find the "principal" involved

focus started out quoting an QFR that dealt directly with a civil case

but this article has been used and will continue to be use by elders and co to discourage the rank and file from making the Org look bad in the "HOOD"

can't be "DISING" THE ORG smile

it has not been until recent yrs that the wt due to LEGAL concerns and not concerns about the victims did they only begin to make changes

as you read thru all the letters the main focus is on how they can protect thier interest as they say "DEDICATED FUNDS"

SO WHILE the name calling should cease - i'm reminded of what one of our instructors told us in school

"If a "SISTER" approached you about something you did or said and she was GOING OFF ON YOU ---HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE IT?

well he poled the elders there in the school some 900 of us and almost to the man- they all said they would rake her across the coals for disrespecting the elder arranagement- then he paused and said

actually if she is right it shouldn't matter how she presents it-

looking back on that day i can't help but think and ask the question

WHERE DID THAT MINDSET COME FROM TO RAKE THIS FEMALE ACROSS THE COALS?

yes wt creates a MIndset in it's people that now is coming back to roost

just my 2

JT

• Focus
    Focus

Thanks for the defenses in this thread, SixofNine, ianao, JT, TMS (and others elsewhere) - I appreciate the christian spirit and your understanding of what is the RIGHT position. But please do not feel that the little bug-biter(s?) who have emerged here have even the slightest negative effect on me. If they do anything, they spur me on further!

SixofNine wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I am not having any trouble understanding EXACTLY what Focus is saying.
    As for those calling Focus "stupid", or, "an idiot", you aren't fooling anyone. You don't believe it for a second.
    His words may have stung you, they may be bitter as wormwood, you may think him mean spirited, and you may even disagree w/ him on some points. But no, believe me, no one is buying it when you act as if you think he is stupid.
    [..] perhaps an example of his idiocy is in order?

6of9, You'll wait for Sheol to freeze over before you get a meaningful response from the substanceless mudslinger Xandit.

As for Kismet, an example of its deceitfulness or (FAR more probably, I not uncharitably concede) its very confused state is evidenced by:

Yep typical Focus. Attack spelling, word usage anything to make you look oh so intelligent

Now, what had I actually done? Let us look above. I had noticed Kismet's misspelling of verbose, and just stated:

"verbiose" An easy to make mistake (no criticism there). But an uncommon one. Thanks! It explains a few things about your stand. [..] Of course others realize this poster has history with me. What name did you post at in H2O, Kismet?

So, you can see I was specifically NOT criticizing Kismet for its illiteracy but deducing what Kismet's past record/agenda was "with me". One other poster had misspelled verbose in the same way before, you see... and had been similarly hostile, making the same childish threat to run off back to the old WTBTS (really, you pacific opposers - come up with something new! I've heard it dozens of times before) Roll over, Mycroft!

Your apology to me is assumed, Kismet. And you "forgot" to answer the question (naturally! - heard of motes and beams?) but went on with:

As far as the Danielle=PB=Focus you might recall one of your early tirades against the Moderators at H20. You were upset because moderator 101 revealed your (Focus) identity as being Prominent bethelite. You were demanding his removal as moderator for betraying this to the Board. If it wasn't true than you were using a lie to get rid of a thorn in your side? So either you are Prominent Bethelite or you are a self serving liar. Which is it?

Neither. Mod101 broke the FPP by revealing what (s)he thought was my identity (perception is what counts: go back to the Pedophile thread). And that is what I took objection to, and rightly so. Re-read until understood.

If you really want to pursue this PB=Danielle/Squirrel/Me/aka/Crit/Obed/Talley non-saga, I suggest you inform yourself first. Go to Google at:

>> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

and do some searching for obvious words in alt.religion.jehovahs-witn; then the penny may drop.

You can see The Official alt.religion.jehovahs-witn FAQ v1.04 2.28.01 in message ID < [email protected]>, recently reposted and updated. It is maintained by people quite hostile to ALL the named parties (as a Google search will reveal). I quote from it:

You will see quite a few postings in the newsgroup which sometimes
    seem to come from the same person, but really do not. A good example
    is "Secret Squirrel," ( [email protected] or some variation
    thereon) or Mixmaster, et al. These are what are known as remailer
    services, USENET portals that guarantee anonymity for posters by
    jumping their posts through a complex series of technical hoops. They
    are used, obviously, to protect the poster from having his identity
    discovered. Some people find remailers necessary to avoid being
    punished by the WTBTS. Others find it useful for antagonizing those
    they deem cowards for hiding behind remailers. Often, the posts
    contain quite a bit of interesting derring-do, but there are a couple
    of things you should remember that will help make your USENET
    experience much more pleasant when dealing with posts from remailers:
    a) You don't know who they are.
    b) They are not necessarily the same person.
    c) Even if they say they are.
    d) Guessing at their identity is usually a waste of your time.
    e) Anonymous posts are often more aggressive and/or offensive.

And back to Kismet's last shot:

Kismet - who for the record is a Big Brother and who volunteers at and sits on the Board of a shelter for men (transvestites and transexuals included)dying of AIDS

Commendable, even if 100% proofless (unlike my scribelike "good works", which are there for all to check)! Kismet, I have no quarrel with you - but if you want it: "WHACK!!!". OK? ]

I am a truly soft, cuddly person. I just don't like seeing kids raped and killed (see the New Thread I have introduced) thanks to the Watchtower's setup and practises... a crazy prejudice, I know!

Seeing "F iend" for what IT is - it may even be a composite being (a collection of Bethel boys, with access to much data) - can help. Of course one cannot rule out Friend simply being an alter-ego for one of the shadier characters of H2O... but...

I wrote in http://www.coolboard.com/msgshow.cfm/msgboard=25212130276676&msg=71374123865921&page=1&idDispSub=32339594032428

It is exactly the apparently reasonable, kind, solicitous JW who is the most dangerous and the one who has to be combated most fiercely. The obviously foaming, rabid dogs are not the ones making the conversions.
    Recognize who is the True Enemy (in addition to the hierarchy of Mother).
    Not the extremists like You Know or Friday or ABK on the web, or Jabriol or Paro's or seniorcritic on the net.
    The True Enemy is the Friend Class.

And H2O veteran Jan Haugland replied:

True. The usual idiotic WT defenders are only making the case worse for themselves. I was amazed at the difference between JW defenders and Mormon defenders in online debate.
    JWs had nowhere to go. They could not make any concessions whatsoever, but had to defend the indenfensible while maintaining that every WTS teaching was absolutely correct, and that the WTS had never lied. You know the drill. The Mormons, however, could easily admit errors, and they expressed personal disagreement with some peripheral points while maintaining the core. They easily took the fight to the fundies over doctrine.
    Since Friend is actually able to admit some (many!) points wrong, while still mysteriously arguing that JWdom is somehow true, he's a much better apologist. It always appears more "reasonable" to make peripheral concessions, and you can easily make unwary opponments appear to be extreme. Friend is a master of this. And he argues about rhetoric and meaning of words like a seasoned mob lawyer. And that, in my vocabulary, was never a compliment.

and H2O Boss Unclebruce added:

"Friend by name Fiend by nature."
    Brilliant work FOCUS! This so called brother has thoroughly exposed himself on H2O and is no doubt seeking solice in calmer waters. I cannot express the depth of my contempt for the snivelling low life legalistic wolf class. Too many busloads, not enough cliffs.
    cheers unc.
    PS: You openly wonder why folk who should know better don't expose this evil piece of **** for what he is. This has been noted many times before by myself, Milky and others. I don't pretend to know but the "tough guys" of H20 have no compunction about slaming some ignorant rank and philo dub who accidently falls in this trap but it is well noted that when it comes to lunatic posts by the likes of Lee "the bloody organ grinder" Elder and his "monkey businessman" Friend the cotton wool comes out to protect their poor delicate egos. Some of the private mail I recieved asking me to back-off these fraudsters made me sick. I complied but not without grave misgivings.
    PSS: I thought Friend was on your "good-guy" list (one reason I marked your theocratic report card: [w] Associations)

Nothing to add, really - except that any strong views are best mailed to [email protected], provided the post contains nothing which might be seen as harassment!

--
    Focus
    (144,001 Class)

Edited by - Focus on 5 March 2001 17:39:46

• mommy
    mommy

Focus,
    I tried to email you but it didn't work! So I will put here what I had written.....
    Don't let the busturds get you down
    I can tell you have a good heart and a love for your fellow man. A bit lengthy at times, but worth it to dig for the gold. Thank you for being here, and for what you do on the other sites as well.
    wendy

• waiting
    waiting

Hey JT,

i'm reminded of what one of our instructors told us in school
    "If a "SISTER" approached you about something you did or said and she was GOING OFF ON YOU ---HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE IT?

well he poled the elders there in the school some 900 of us and almost to the man-

they all said they would rake her across the coals for disrespecting the elder arranagement-

then he paused and said actually if she is right it shouldn't matter how she presents it-

looking back on that day i can't help but think and ask the question

WHERE DID THAT MINDSET COME FROM TO RAKE THIS FEMALE ACROSS THE COALS?

This topic would make a great discussion for you to start. Sometimes it gets a bit quiet when things of this nature are posted here. Not much response. But, trust me, I would find it fascinating and would respond. Will look forward to it.

just my 2

Why is it when I give my opinion, it's 2 cents. When someone asks, it's a "penny for your thoughts." Someone's making money on this. Steven Wright

waiting

• Focus
    Focus

mommy wrote on Mar 5, 2001 6:37:41 PM

Focus,
    I tried to email you but it didn't work! So I will put here what I had written.....
    Don't let the busturds get you down
    I can tell you have a good heart and a love for your fellow man. A bit lengthy at times, but worth it to dig for the gold. Thank you for being here, and for what you do on the other sites as well.

Thank you. I have placed new material in the "main" thread i.e. PEDOPHILES are to WTS as flies are to honey

Let us see what F iend comes up with, eh?

--
    Focus
    (Restitution for the Victims! Class)

• Tina
    Tina

I personally find friends oh-so technical rationales similar to Arendts, descriptive banality of evil'......these are the truly dangerous......T

• Focus
    Focus

Tina wrote (emphasis mine):

I personally find Friends oh-so technical rationales similar to Arendts, descriptive banality of evil .. these are the truly dangerous

Exactly so. Which is why you find me here.

How quaint that he has managed to avoid "seeing" the material quoted at the top of this post, from the WT's letters to bodies of Elders etc! How convenient is "selective blindness"!

Can't we even stir him into making out some nonsensical case for "irrelevance"? Let us put the Coffin back on top, T.

Attorneys make lots of money from ones like him!

--
    Focus
    (Face The Facts! Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit