After 2 years my parents make contact. The end result is that I promise them to cryogenically preserve ONLY their heads

by paulmolark 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

A BIG hug to you Paul........ sorry you had such a crackpot for a mother!

Think good thoughts and hang around warm wonderful people .....that's what I am wishing for you right now

clarity

• oppostate
    oppostate

You do know that they're under control, mentally and emotionally, to the WT.

With this knowledge you may find it in your heart to see beyond their cultish behavior and focus on exposing the JW religion for what it really is, a harmful, cult that destroys families and individuals' lives, devours them for its own profit.

If you can help just one person not get trapped in this cult, or come out of it, you can help starve the WT beast.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

So you want me to see beyond the years of physical and emotional abuse of me... My sister... And my children to help her leave so she can continue to emotional abuse my family?

i think you should tell Candace conti to forgive her abuser as well and see if they can be buddy buddy as well.

• oppostate
    oppostate

No, Paul. I'm saying that they're victims of WT control. As you have been mentally, emotionally and even physically.

The WT is a selfish, disgusting drug pusher. The publishers in each congregation are its junkies.

Help take its junkies away and you hurt their business.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

POM: You go right ahead and keep loving that type of person if you want.

I didn't say you should love her or even forgive her or keep her in your life. I said your response was mean.

We can't heal if we allow abusers to remain in our life. Toxic relationships need to end.

I'm encouraging you to not respond in kind. Clearly you are not ready to get there, but given the abuse you've received that is not surprising.

Oubliette

• rebel8
    rebel8

she asked jehovah to remove me from her heart

This is a jw schtick I had forgotten.

Well she's asking the right person. He's really skilled at hatred.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Oubliette, you stated yourself in your own thread

"I gotta' tell you, maybe I've been more fortunate than others, but pretty much THE ONLY ONGOING ABUSE OF POWER I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH IN MY ENTIRE LIVE HAS BEEN FROM THE WTBTS!

I trusted these fuckers and they lied to me, to all of us. How hypocritical of them to write offensive words like this when they themselves are guilty of the atrocities which they denounce?

The leadership of the WTBTS should be held accountable for their crimes against countless millions of people."

1. You called them fuckers

2. You have never received any abuse of power in your life except them yet you have such harsh words for them. Just as harsh as mine if not worse. I never called my mother a fucker. SO you are still holding that pain and using such vulgar language against them. After all they are the only people who abused you.

You are acting as if you have a psychology degree and you know what makes a person good or bad ready and not ready. Maybe you need to realize you are in no place neither are you qualified to state who is.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    oppostate was it watchtower control that forced her to beat us with refrigerator cords? I do not think they endorse that. Was it watchtower or the GB that forced her to lie about me and my wife. Was it Watchtower that forced her to beat my sister and make her sit in a tub of hot water. Was it watchtower that made her strip us to our underwear and beat us damn near naked because she "ain't gonna beat you and mess up the clothes I bought"

No those were actions she wanted to perform. I know there are key phrases situations and words that people on this site like to throw around but there are people in that org that are abusers and would be regardless of wether or not they were a part of it.

She deserves no respect. Her actions are not those of just a cult member. She is an evil person. She goes far beyond whatever the cult wants her to do because she wants to. Wether she is mentally deranged or cult controlled is not my concern.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

POM,

You obviously have a lot of anger as do I.

I do think the WT leaders are fuckers and need to be held accountable for their actions. I thought that then and I still think that now. I also think your mother should be held accountable for her actions.

I also know that holding on to anger is not good for us. I speak from experience. I'm not judging you and so there is no need to be defensive.

My degrees are in business, music and education. I have a masters in education and teach science at the high school level: biology, chemistry and physics. Although I do not have a degree in psychology, my training as a scientist has helped me to approach a study of subjects outside of my academic study with the same methodology and rigor as those I studied in university.

Psychology is a subject that I have studied extensively for many decade, particularly in reference to how a person can fall victim to manipulation in interpersonal relationships and religious organizations.

I am only trying to be helpful. Your defensive responses suggest I hit a nerve.

Oubliette

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Wow Paul,

I sympathize with this and understand why others are saying to try to have a lighter touch. But honestly....what she has said to you repeatedly is just terrible.

In the end we are all responsible for our actions. I read your thoughts and what she said and wondered to myself what i would have said in your case. One I wish i would do, the other I would be tempted to do.

1) Mom why are you calling me? Is it to try to get me to see that my own mother shunningme, shunning her grandchildren, showing zero love an affection, abusing her children as youngsters, and telling her grandchildren that they will die and are doing things God hates when they were talking about extra curricular activities......is proof that i should come back to the religion of my youth? You are insane, and not welcome around my children. Jehovah has already removed your "parental love" from your heart, as I certainly can't remember the last time I or anyone in my family experienced it. Kick rocks mom.

2) click* (ring, ring).........click x 2*.

Paul my mother once (not directly), suggested....that I could be leading my children to death due to my actions. I already know this is what was taught....I gave a talk about it once. So I told her.......you get that one. One. You ever suggest to me that i am killing my children directly or indirectly, and that is it. You know in your heart that isn't true. I won't speak of this again and will forgive you.....this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit