Yoga Anyone?

by dobby 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Dannyboy....Thank you for the compliment. I was offered a witing position at Brooklyn headquarters but I took my current position instead. Mad Magazine pays much better.

SpiceItUp....Be very very careful. I think Brother Rutherford stated it best we he said, ..."those who wish to sleep on their stomachs are leaving themselves open for demonic possesion by the God of Ur-anus. A true believer would take precautions to guard against this very real threat by sleeping with a Bible between their legs." - taken from, DEMONS, (1928).

-BONEZZ

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

LOL Bonezzz...can the bible be any shape I want

• SYN
    SYN
    Are they going to condemn nap-time in Kindergarten?

Well, they already tell you what position you're supposed to sleep in, so that's probably not very far away!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

SpiceItUp....You would probably want a large edition of the NWT, hard-cover of course, with a complete index...but of course you should consult with some of the older elders as they have more experience in these matters. And do not leave out any details when discussing your problem. I'll pray for your speedy recovery. And if you need a friend to help you, I'm always available. I promise not to count the time.

-BONEZZ

• LDH
    LDH

Thought you all would enjoy the comments from my sister regarding this article, which I informed her of. I pasted snippets of the article to her and asked her, Can you believe this?

actually, no i can't believe that. coming from someone who goes fairly often to yoga and has a good friend who is a yoga instructor, this is complete horseshit. so then, when "jet blue" puts yoga cards in the back of the airplane seat - as they just started doing - somehow you are trying to be yoked with a superhuman power. ok, windchimes came from pagan origin, yet they are ok, but from wherever yoga came, it is still not now ok.

ummmmmmmmm.

ok.

Lisa
  • Farkel
    Farkel

I love Yoga. Especially the strawberry-flavored kind.

Farkel

• crownboy
    crownboy

I too had a good laugh when reading that article. I remember having a discussion with one of my (inactive "in the truth") relatives about this issue a couple of months ago. She gave me the same crappy answer about demons entering your mind when you are meditating. I told her that your brain is never truly "empty" or inactive, since if it were we would die . Also if she were mainly referring to "consciousness", I asked her why we weren't being constantly attacked by demons in our sleep, or when sedated (in surgery)? I generally dismissed her thinking, but that recent JW article basically brought up all those assinine arguments. It's like demons have absolutely nothing to do except attack "Jehovah's people". Shouldn't they be having sex with women or something ? As for the people who accomplish "incredible feets", perhaps chemical processes in the brain are responsible for people walking over coals (in a somewhat quick manner), and not demons?

The "Nimrod connection" was the funniest part for me. Imagine the "hunter of animals and men" getting all flexible and nimble on his yoga mat . Hey, after a hard days work of building the Tower of Babel, a man needs to relax . Also, this shows how JW's are so clueless about world history. If this image that they spoke of went back more than 4,000 years, then it couldn't be Nimrod now could it? Hell, they seem to ignore the fact that civilizations existed before the alledged time they date Adam & Eve (6,027 y.a.). Maybe Nimrod didn't exist, and his story is a myth and legend (gasp!), perhaps even based on stuff from the evil "yoga people"? Their theory that all of man's civilizations sprang up after the alledged Tower of Babel incident ~4,000 y.a. is totally unsupported by available evidence, anyway. Maybe if there were an Asian GB member, this yoga rule would change .

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I absolutely love my yoga class. Me and my sister go every Tuesday. It not only clears your mind but gives you a great workout. You can burn up to 600 calories per session.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit