I have a theory...

by teejay 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• teejay
    teejay

Here it is:

Think of somebody you love, or *think* you love.

Give them a list of ten things (or five things, or three things, or ONE thing) that you wish they would either start doing or quit doing.

They react by: drawing a line through one, two, or all TEN of the things on your list (meaning that these things are important to them and they'd rather not give them up), or they rip the list to shreds right in front of you and call you a new fool for thinking up such a thing since every item on your list is too important for them to stop/start doing.

Regardless of their reaction, if your love for them is totally unaffected and stays where it was before, you love them. Truly *love* them.

That is my theory.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey teejay,you sound like a "DAD "to me.(LOL!!)...OUTLAW

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

OUTLAW said:

Hey teejay, you sound like a "Dad" to me.

I couldn't agree more.

Nice post teejay.

• Solace
    Solace

If someone made a "list" of things for me to either "do" or "stop doing" Ide probably tell them to bug off. I believe if people want to be in a relationship they have to first realize that they cant control the other person. Chances are, if you have been with someone for awhile, they know what bugs you and would probably stop doing it on their own. Asking someone you care about to give up something thats important to them? Well, if you cared about them, why would you ask them to give up something so important?

• teejay
    teejay

I was thinking about the Jehovahs.

Even among the jehovahs, if you don't do everything jusssst right, you aren't really welcome there... not really loved. Not loved in the real sense.

I got real friends that know that I cuss sometimes... drink too much sometimes... But you know? They STILL love me. They are still my friends.

Those of us who spent time in JW-dom got ripped off. We did. Most of the world has ALWAYS lived like what we are trying to live now.

Love me for me. Not your version of me... not the me who you think I oughta be or could be.

For me, goddammmit. The person I am, right here, right now.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

Love me for me. Not your version of me... not the me who you think I oughta be or could be.

For me, goddammmit. The person I am, right here, right now.

*applauds wildly*

this is what i want from a man! it's so damn simple ain't it? then why is it so hard to find someone who will do that?

as far as jw crap, i pretty much have told my family, this is me, deal with it. thankfully most of them can deal with the real me.

• Solace
    Solace

I Love You Man!!!!

Seriously, I know what you mean TJ. People loving you for who they want you to be or who you appear to be. I finally posted my picture because Im tired of pretending & hiding from everyone, especially my J.W. family.

Its like, this is me, its what I believe, or should I say, not believe. Take it or leave it, ya' know?

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Teejay,

Are you trying to tell us that we should still luv you despite that kissing and.... post?:)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I am with Mony on this one!!!!!!!!

If someone made a "list" of things for me to either "do" or "stop doing" Ide probably tell them to bug off. I believe if people want to be in a relationship they have to first realize that they cant control the other person.

Awesome post!!!!!!!!!! Being the ex-dubs that we are, we value Freedom in a way many do not. I will never take away another's Freedom nor will I tolerate mine to be taken!!!!!!!

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

• teejay
    teejay

Yrs2,

You're gonna think this is funny, but because of the response that I got on that thread, THIS thread developed. Few people understood what I was saying over there and those that didn't seemed to want to slam me for my honest feelings.

I'm tired of that. You hear me? I'm tired of trying to live up to what other people think is *the* standard... like they got a framework of how to live. Hell, I've done that for most of my life and you know what? Trying to live your life to satisfy other people don't work.

Shit. If somebody wants to be my friend, the inside move is to try very hard to understand me. That's all I'm saying. And understanding me ain't that hard. I'm a simple man.

No, you don't have to agree with me, you don't have to tell me I'm god's gift, you don't have to walk three feet behind me. Just your freaking brain and understand, for godsakes. Just understand where tj's at and how he got there.

And you know, it's not just me. I figured that is what everybody on the planet is after. Once we get understanding, we get acceptance. After that, maybe love?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit