My experiences at the assmebly....

by airwlk149 23 Replies latest jw friends

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

HI guys!!!!

as most of you all know, i was going to the district assembly in san francisco, with my parents.

well, i went, and it was interesting.... here it goes......

i left on thursday night. my friend pam came to pick me up. i drove down there. we met my parents at the hotel (we stayed at the hyatt). we walked around and everyone in the hotel was jw. they even played kingdom melodies through the halls and in the lobby& elevator.

we went to bed. my friend pam is a jw, but she is very understanding and i told her that i might not be interested in being a jw full time. so it was a good thing i was in the room with her. i woke up and got ready for the assembly. my first outfit wasn't that cute.... but oh well.

i walked around, i ended up calling my "worldly" friends, adam & christine alot with pam's cell phone i went to the bathroom alot....... to relieve tension, i turned the cell phone on vibrate...ok ok ok enough horniness.....

anyways, i fell asleep during the talks and after the assembly on friday, we went to dinner at the bar & grill in the hotel. it was nice dinner....i ate with my whole family and pam. then i socialized with the dubs...you know the fake "hi how are you? what congregation are you in now?" i went to bed on friday pretty late because pam and i stayed up elder-bashing.

saturday i looked like the bomb. adam and christine came to sf and that was nice. we moved seats after lunch and wrote bad notes back and forth. got up and walked around. we went to a pizza place in the town we were staying in and then went back to the hotel an they met all the jw's. talked with my parents about "the truth". i find it interesting about jw's how they PUSH all their beliefs onto "unbelievers".

they left around 11pm, and i went to bed.

sunday i slept in and we got to the assembly late. made it in time for the drama. then i slept and then it was lunch, and then i drew some nice pictures of people (naked). and then it was over.

i had a hell of a time getting home. pam got sick (food poisoning) and was throwing up the whole ride home and i have a weak stomach as it is....

the traffic was bad and i was glad to be home.

some interesting points i observed:

pam told me there was an apostate outside with a sign that said :"STOP SENDING MOLESTORS TO OUR DOORS!"

i was sickened to see how many children were beaten to be quiet during the program. i saw moms and dads getting up with a child with their hand clamped over the kids mouth. i don't like that.

during the program it amazed me to hear that they say the same thing over and over, every assembly is the same. just with a different title.

one funny thing is my little sister and her friends were walking around (they are all between 13-15) and my little sister, ashley's, friends weren't allowed to walk around the top half (the cow palace has two levels) because their dad said it wasn't "a fashion show". lol@ elder/superdad.

well that's all i am going to bug you guys with for now. those were my true and honest experiences.

i just was waiting to see someone walking around with a sign that said: AIRWLK149= KATIE AT JW.COM?

i would have died laughing!

adam was walking around on saturday and lifting his hand up and saying "HAIL JEHOVAH!", i don't know why but it made me embarrassed. i didn't want to draw attention to myself.

also when we were leaving for the hotel on saturday, he rolled down the window and was saying "thank you brother, may jehovah bless you" to all the parking attendants....

anyways.... i was a nice quiet place away from sacramento to nap

love you all

katie

• Southland
    Southland

Ahhh ... Cow Palace ... memories ... I'm surprised they're still doing it there ... it's so far outside the city!

• Valis
    Valis

air...perhaps your friend has spiritual food poisoning...*L* You have a lot more tollerance than I do, plus I doubt they would let me stay very long...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Xander
    Xander

Valis: You at the assembly might be kinda fun, actually. Bet you could get the ol "Ring O' Attendants" thing going on if you really tried. Heh.

(Checking: Everyone know what the "Ring O' Attendants" is, right?)

• SYN
    SYN

Well Valis, you're probably every Elder's worst nightmare, what with being bad association, nipple rings, UltraApostate, dreadlocks, facial hair (do you have a beard currently? If I were going to a Convention, I'd grow one especially to piss off everyone there). Plus, I would take at least three LARGE Smurfs and "reserve" seats with them in the front row, right under the noses of the Speakers! That, and I'd take with a girl wearing fishnet stockings and a short, SHORT skirt. You know, the belt variety that is so popular in the Red Light districts all over the world Might even get her to do a Sharon Stone/Basic Instinct impression in the front row to distract the Speakers, OH that would be hilarious!

they even played kingdom melodies through the halls and in the lobby& elevator.

How the hell did you get any sleep at all? I would have been puking the whole night!

i was sickened to see how many children were beaten to be quiet during the program. i saw moms and dads getting up with a child with their hand clamped over the kids mouth. i don't like that.

Oh God, that is horrible, I hate hearing about stuff like that happening to those poor kids!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Airwalk: Ahhhh ... the COW Palace. We attended many a convention there. Since we lived in the area, we drove each day. The worst District Convention was held at the old 49er grounds at Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park. The best, of course, is at the Oakland Collseum (Raiders) across the bay, as it holds about 65,000.

The COW Palace can get very warm in the summer ... unless a nice cool fog rolls over the hills and reduces the temperature. I have not been to a COW Palace District Convention since the summer of 1988. Wow ... the memories ... well, it sounds like you had some fun ... making up for some of the bordom.

• SYN
    SYN

Ooops, just remembered, the front row at the Convention is reserved for the "We get to sit in the front row, MWUHAHAHA" Class! Us Evil, Smurf-Carrying Apostates are forced to sit elsewhere, such as our living rooms in front of our TVs!

• Francois
    Francois

I now rest my case regarding my contention that assemblies are full of horny women and are in fact one of the best places on the face of this or any other planet to get laid.

And, just in case there's any doubt, that crap they're spewing at the assemblies is the SAME CRAP they were spewing at assemblies since the first one in Cedar Point. I was at the biggie in Yankee Stadium in '55, I belive it was, and it was the same tired old garbage that I heard at the last assembly I went to in Atlanta Stadium in '73, I think it was. Same old garbage recycled. What fools.

Francois

• butalbee
    butalbee
    i turned the cell phone on vibrate...

A phone and a dildo at the same time...I love my cell phone.

• Xander
    Xander

Ah, yes, that would be the old favorite - the Motorola 'Silver Bullet' pager, then, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit