July 8 Awake! in Praise of Police

by Room 215 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

Have you seen the July 8 Awake! in praise of police? Is it just me, or does this example of JW duplicitous doublespeak boggle your mind as well? I mean "we love you. officer and our community needs you...oh, by the way, become one of us and we'll insist you find another line of work.. or else!''

Of course, none of the articles mention the "fine print" on Mr. Policeman's baptismal contract.

Why am I not surprised?

• writerpen
    writerpen

My thoughts exactly as I read it about a week ago.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes, a very interesting article indeed.

They praise the police in a magazine, but then the elders discourage the rank & file from having the police involved in any criminal matter within the congregation, so as not to bring reproach upon Jehovah's name. (i.e. pedophiles) <gag>

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Some of you have taken this article out of content. If it wasn't for the Police, we would not have a society.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Some of you have taken this article out of content.
    ummm...it's context.
    * runs away *
    D8TA 
  • Jankyn
    Jankyn

Are JWs still considered to have disassociated themselves if they join a police department? What about corrections work, or security companies?

Jankyn

Who Would Jesus Disfellowship?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Thanks for the correction D8TA

• Farkel
    Farkel

Fred,

: Some of you have taken this article out of content.

No we didn't. We found it in the toilet, where it belongs.

Farkel

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Farkel,

Unless you was in there; how did you know it was in the toilet?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Fred,

: Unless you was in there; how did you know it was in the toilet?

That's easy: Jehovah's Witnesses live in a religious sewer and that sewer is fed by their religious Masters in Brooklyn. Now think VERY carefully, Fred. Where does the stuff in sewers come from?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit