Sun AM Assembly Talk Fearlessly Proclaim the word

by Jim Dee 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Below are notes of the Sunday post drama talk - taken very badly by someone who cannot do shorthand

Sorry - best I could do - note the anti media comments at the end

Jim Dee

Notes on the Talk - Be Like Jeremiah, Fearlessly Proclaim the word of Jehovah

Br Boufort @ Coventry Assembly

Since 1919 we have been experiencing some like Jeremiah could only dream about

We have something Delightful, Beautiful, Life Preserving yes our being gathered here shows what that a Spiritual Paradise Jehovah has provided.

Even though we have these benefits- out times are troublesome and worse that Jeremiahs times

The reason we suffer is that People dont understand our way of true worship Jer 15:18-19

People criticise and ridicule Jehovahs people, sometimes it is outright hate

Financial pressure, family arrangements are under attack as well as health problems our love for Jehovah can be worn down.

How can we cope and fearlessly proclaim the good news? Rom 15:4

Our reason for hope is that the Bible drama seen today is part of the things written beforehand.

The benefits the Spiritual Paradise brings us? Heb 12:2

Look back into the things written beforehand and - or look ahead into the things prophesied either way we look we can gain hope

We can learn many lessons from Jeremiah

1. Problems he faced similar to us today
      1. Treated without honor
      2. Lot of abuse
      3. All Age groups hated him and joined in ridicule

1. Drama showed Elders and little boys joining in

1. We also have to face that kind of ridicule

1. Urijah Companion and fellow prophet
      1. When the heat was turned up he lost faith and Focus
      2. Fled to Egypt and was returned to be executed
      3. Neglected his assignment
      4. Imagine how Jeremiah felt imagine if that was a fellow publisher or Elder

1. Baruch

1. loyal and faithful man
    2. Even he lost focus at times
    3. He made it to the end Jer 45:3/5

Do we feel weary and sigh?

Baruch started to try and create a comfort zone around him told by Jehovah this was wrong Jer 45:5 reminded not to put trust in men

Jeremiah

From early times Jeremiah was insecure Jer 20:9

Not a fluent public speaker

How could Jeremiah continue Jer 20:11

We can count on Jehovah as we live in a Spiritual Paradise

Jehovahs people face problems as an organisation

France Malicious Propaganda Brothers Persecuted

People distributing literature at our ground to discredit Jehovah

Jer 15:16

We must show ourselves eager as in Jeremiahs day = 2 Tim 1:7-8

Need to keep a sound mind in troublesome times

Jeremiah was very careful of his associates - there is a fine lesson in that Jer 15:17

If Jeremiah was living in the 21 st Century the media, TV and movies he would have nothing to do with them our lot is to use the Christian Brotherhood

Make it our resolve not to be associated with those who criticise us the cannot win against us

Have Jeremiahs courage

We look forward to serving in the earthly paradise in the new system

• Jewel
    Jewel

----SHUDDERS----

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I'll be there next weekend. Your notes are making me nausiated already.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Same old crap!

Of course, all the familiar 'buzz' words are being used: Jeremiah, spiritual paradise, elders, publishers, organization, loyalty, faithful, fearlessly, resolve, Jehovah, etc...

Funny how "true Christians" have soo little time to be taught about Jesus. Soo little mention of his name.

Hmmm.

Could it be the borg masters don't want their 'drones' to learn about tolorence of other people, love for ones fellow man, sober thinking, practical living ( saving money and learning new skills), and , oh yes, placing their trust in God and Jesus instead of human organizations?

But then, if you did that, a small group of tired old men could not manipulate the lives of over 6 million people.

One day, it will be different, it will be better.

CornerStone

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

i was there this weekend. i was in the bathroom/walking around during this talk. i watched the whole drama intently. (i was thinking of my ex girlfriend intently!)

katie

• belbab
    belbab

I posted some comments on this talk in the post called, WT Fortifies its Firewall at the assembly I attended on Vancouver Island.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30437&site=3

It will be interesting to compare notes from UK and Canada, reference to Dateline, but not named as such was given here. Read the above post and compare it with your notes.

I am happy to say the Will Penn has made a tape of this talk wherever he attended to assembly, we are in the process of making a transcript of it. It definatel a Keeper. If all goes well the transcript will be forwarded to where it will do the most good. If any one else plans on attending this talk, get the best notes possible and better yet try and tape it. and we will compare notes.

More to come on this one.

belbab

• happy man
    happy man

I can give you the swedish talks, soon we going to the assambley, but here nowan nows abaout this dateline thing, so it must be a problem.

Last year when i was on assambley they have this drama about kora, and his sons, and whow they was going against Mose, this was very confusing for mee, the messege was, dont try to say we are not jehovas spoksmen, if you do you are dead. this choked mee, where was the opposer,i never seen any. THIS WAS THE REASON WHY I WAS GOING OUT ON INTERNET.

and ther they was.

THIS WAS QITE A EXPERIENS.

who i am now stuggel widh.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

happyman,

korah claimed to be appointed by god.... but lacked credentials............ your gov body also claims to be appointed by god........do they have the proper credentials? (deut 18:20)

Edited by - crawdad2 on 24 June 2002 16:6:57

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Last year when i was on assambley they have this drama about kora, and his sons, and whow they was going against Mose, this was very confusing for mee, the messege was, dont try to say we are not jehovas spoksmen

I remember it all too well. It was the first time that I saw some of the blatant "instill fear" tactics. It hit me like a ton of bricks, and got me thinking big time.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

same regurgitated info I recall - thanks for the recap

how many times can a person reheat the same leftovers, woof 'em down pretending to be tasty...and say, 'thank you for this spiritual food at the right time'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit