Door to door

by Bang 13 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

Hi star,
    The package I received contained a variety of pamphlets. Ones I can recall of the top of my head are on shunning and the one on the organizational issue.

I spoke to a very nice woman whose name was Marilyn I think.

• Francois
    Francois

Star:

You might find the scripture(s) that confirm that Paul went wandering around for about 15 years throughout Asia Minor preaching and teaching the good news of the gospel. It was only later, much later, that he visited the congregation at Jerusalem and then it was not for the purpose of having the brothers there approve of his efforts. His direction was from the holy spirit, the Spirit of Truth, the same one that motivates and informs us today.

Also, there was a large congregation at the time in Antioch, which the letters hardly mention. I think this might be because the congregation there had different views than did the Jerusalem congregation. See? Not even a generation old, and already there were divisions between brothers based on opinion. Doesn't speak in favor of an organization, does it?

And even the society teaches that the apostles went out into the world alone or at most in pairs. No organization there. It is thought that Thomas went into India alone, there to meet his death. Again, no organization.

JWs like to say that Jehovah has ALWAYS had a visible organization on earth. OK, who were they, and where were they located in 750 A.D.?, in 1550 A.D.? in 1695 A.D.? Pick your own date. This question cannot be answered because no such organization existed. It cannot be claimed that, "Well, Jehovah has always had an organization on the earth and there was, too, one in 750, but we just don't know who it was or where it was." That's not an answer, it's a dodge. The WTBTS attitude is that they are right until someone proves them wrong, and that is just B.S., utter and total self-serving B.S.

$0.02.

Francois

• Farkel
    Farkel

Francois,

: JWs like to say that Jehovah has ALWAYS had a visible organization on earth. OK, who were they, and where were they located in 750 A.D.?, in 1550 A.D.? in 1695 A.D.? Pick your own date. This question cannot be answered because no such organization existed.

Yes it did, you big dummy. It was an "invisible earthly organization" directed by Jehovah who turned power over at the invisible return of Christ in 1914, further helped by the invisible resurrection of the dead anointed in 1918, opposed by the invisible demonic organization run by Satan, and soon to be glorified by the battle of Armageddon and the Paradise Earth and to occur invisibly Real Soon Now(tm).

Don't you know anything?

Farkel

• TheStar
    TheStar

Thanks Francois,

That helps a lot, I'll certainly look for those scriptures.

Farkel, I looked up the chapter on "House to House" in ISoCF yesterday. Ray makes it so clear and easy to understand, thank you so much for the reference! It's exactly the type of info. I need!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit