WTS soon to be in World of Hurt !!!

by Amazing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• nancee park
    nancee park

But let's get this thread back on the main point Amazing noting: elders need to stand up for what's right, time is running out before Caesar's sword swings on those in California and then in other states. Are you listening elders? Another point is that this will even involve those who are no longer elders but who were years and years ago. Are you also listening, former elders?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi ItsJust:

So, from a current JW's standpoint, I believe that they are yet adding this as one more 'sign' <ugh>...

Yikes!!! Ugh is right - I could not agree with you more. Could it be that I am starting to forget the JW mentality?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

It'd be interesting to see what the WTBTS does with this.

They may try to break up into divisions within the country to lessen the devastation......let's say that their's a cluster of these cases in a particular region....they might make a division of the church there with it's own liability and bank account, and the elders and that division only are responsible for any lawsuits....not the whole of the WTBTS. Is that a feasable situation for the WTBTS?

Isn't that what happened in the Anglican church? Only a division of the church went bankrupt of I remember right....

ashi

• waiting
    waiting

As for the jw strong belief that Satan (through the governments) will turn on the Churches because of their despicable history - the WTBTS has taught that for a long time. Interestingly enough, could they have put this plan in motion decades ago - to cover their own asses down the line?

When I spoke of the then-upcoming Dateline show to a young jw - his response was that "Satan's doing everything he can to destroy Jehovah's Organization." Me - "But these are court-proven child molester coverups!" Him - "But it still hurts Jehovah's Organization - so it must be Satan's Plan." Me - "Whatever."

waiting

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Ashi:

" ... not the whole of the WTBTS. Is that a feasable situation for the WTBTS? ... Isn't that what happened in the Anglican church? Only a division of the church went bankrupt of I remember right. ..."

When lawsuits hit the anglican Church, they were primarily directed at various divisions of the Church, the "Diocese" ... which is a common form of Church Government, also used by the Catholic religion. Most other Protestant religions use Congregational Church Government ... and so only the local Church, Borad of Directors, Elders and Pastor can be sued ... even if the national association of the denomination insures or has a relationship with the local church.

HOWEVER ... the Watchtower Society has fought for and eventually won the status as a "heirarchial" chruch government, like the Catholic Church .. except it does not have local divisions like Diocese, because the Watchtower is more unified and solid ... and it is the National and International leaders of the Watchtower religion that made the "forward moving progressive organizational policy" to shield child molesters ... and when they are sued ... as it the case in several states as we speak ... they are sued as a national organization ... along with the local congregation, and its local Elders ... the only ones who may be getting off the hook are Circuit and District Overseers ... so far tat is ...

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Well, that's good news for the victims...they'll get what they deserve from the WTBTS.

Thanks for the info, Amazing.

ashi

• nancee park
    nancee park

They are hierarchial, yes, Amazing, which means governed top-down. And normally that would automatically lead to their having to pay out from the national organization's single business account.

However they split into different corporations in the U.S, so that the account is also in effect now divided. If a victim sues an elder who molested her and wins, then the assets are according to the new paper trail to come from the new corporation called the Christian Congregation of JWs which deals with personell such as elders, CO's, DO's.

Well, there isn't much money or many nontangible assets with that particular congregation, as they well know. Instead they mostly their assets into the other new corporations such as the one mostly for printing equipment and the like.

This may not keep the victim from getting access to the other corporation's assets, but makes it more difficult. She would have to go through another legal maze to prove that this other corporation is liable even though it is "now" structured as separate from the corporation for personnell.

As to pedophilia being more prominent in some U.S. regions more than in others, yes, I believe that's quite possibly true. At least among the recent spate of Catholic scandals there appears to be a lot more such instances in California, Missouri and several small East Coast states such as New Jersey. I saw a map of the U.S. and dots in the states where the cases were.

I doubt though that the WTS misleadership (Gov Body members led by their attorneys) would try to restructure regionally or they would already have done so. In effect they re-did their house already then said "ha, ha, ha, now come and get our assets!"

Well, it can be done, but they have built extra legal walls around their pile of blood-soaked money. This California law could be very helpful though especially for getting local elders as individuals to pay out for the hiding of crimes. That or go to prison. Ditto the RICO law for federal racketeering.

• mustang
    mustang

"How realistic is it to believe this legislation will pass?"

Check out their Stalking legislation. It's extensive, for similar situations.

I'll be right back w/ a URL. Stay tuned...

Here tis:

http://www.esia.net/State%20Stalking%20Laws.htm

Scroll down to California; look up your state while you are there.

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 23 June 2002 23:43:42

Edited by - mustang on 23 June 2002 23:45:9

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Watchtower has run their mouths off one time too many.

They have prophesied for years that the government was going to turn on the religions and that God would have to step in in order to have to prevent complete loss of life.

They are going to TRY and say something like, "well, the passing of laws against pedophiles is the same thing as turning on religions <gag> <choke>" and when we said "in order to prevent the destruction of humans (or the anointed) well, we really meant a complete slowdown in the preaching work."

We gots a lot more vaccinating to do. We ex-jw's are so good we can prophecy the Watchtower's next prophesies..bwahahahaha!!!!!

We aren't going to let them get away with revising their history YET ANOTHER TIME. Oh NO, they are going to be stuck with it this time. The last time.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

"The State of California is considering" y'all sure building a large building on a non-existant foundation. You need to take a Valium or something, way too excited based on pure speculation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit