What are you now???

by SpiceItUp 52 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I am sure this question has been posted by someone before ...but it wasn't by me so it doesnt count..lol

To those that post here do you....

A. consider yourself christian

B. Consider yourself pagan

C. consider yourself agnostic

D. consider yourself atheist

E. all of the above (...really f***ed in the head and confused as to what you believe)

....just wondering what kind of thinking you all have now (would be intersting to do a poll actually *wishing I was more of a computer wiz... sigh*)

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i don't know that i specifically fit in one of those categories, except maybe E. i consider myself a somewhat spiritual person, but not religious. still have no desire to be part of any organized religion. my sister has given me a new spin on spirituality without religion, since i left the org.

beck

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Beck: Ditto, except no spin and no sister. I am at a spiritual loss, and I know i will never be able to buy into a belief system again. At this juncture, I feel the most spiritual expression for me is to be kind and tolerant. simple, but it's the best i can do.

• Matty
    Matty

I'm still changing. Ask me a couple of months ago and I would say definitely (d)Atheist. That was the time when it fully dawned on me that I'd been fed a lie all my life. My witness upbringing has given me a view of God as being vindictive, bigoted and intolerant, not someone I want to be friends with. Now, I feel more (c)Agnostic, I'm beginning to see God as separate from the way I have been taught to perceive him. The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. There is a lot of Witness still in me, it will take a while for the mist to completely clear.

• omiecoop
    omiecoop

I am a Christian. A member of a very small independent missionary Baptist church. We are a very small congregation of bible studiers. No screaming, rolling around, speaking in tongues or foot washing---just studying the bible and feeling God's love---hopefully spreading some of it around. I have no problem with people who do any of the activities listed above, I just have never felt the need for any of it.

One thing that bothers me about this forum is that there are so many of you who have been burned by the JWs so badly, that you have nothing left to believe in. It really saddens me, because the greatest part of being a Christian is the wonderful peaceful feeling that one has. I truly wish that everyone could feel that peace. It is a shame that the JWs have hurt so many to the point that they can't or won't feel at peace again.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my feelings on this subject.

• TheStar
    TheStar

I'm with you Home,

In a spiritual sense I have more love for "my neighbor" than I ever had in my life and especially more so than when I was a JW. I appreciate people more and want to help others more. I have come to have a true love for all humanity, something I never possessed before.

As far as the whole God thing, I'm not sure what I believe anymore and have much more studying and research to do before I can completely make up my mind, maybe I never will.

I doubt I'll ever be apart of organized religion, though.

Edited to include: omiecoop, I am very much at peace right now. I don't think you need to be a part of organized religion to have it. I am at peace with God for I know that if he exists he knows my heart.

Edited by - TheStar on 23 June 2002 11:11:54

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

HBH,

that's sort of how i'm living right now. i try to be kind and very tolerant of other people. scooter bought me a book about meditation for my bday. still have to crack that one open. i do try to meditate daily on my life. finding things to be happy about and what i'm grateful for. seems to keep me more balanced and set priorities. if you ever want to talk, drop me a line.

beck

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Definitely spiritual

undecided about Christian

not atheist or pagan

probably not agnostic

I'm soooo confused

Actually I am comfortable where I am now. If there is some judgement than God knows what is in my heart and how I live. And he would understand my lack of desire to be join some organized religion. I probably follow Christian morality closer now than I did as a dub.

• SYN
    SYN

E of course!

Well, as I've mentioned ad nauseum (SP?), I still haven't seen a single photo of God, but let's not go there. There IS definitely a spiritual undercurrent to everything - something I do not understand, but I'm a very skeptical person!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Oh eyegirl......you know I am such a "tug" on you!

Am I spiritual.......YES......am I religious.......NO. Although I do believe that I am Luthern (joined for my first husband to be married in his church)...but no longer attend the Luthern Church.

I meditate daily. I do pray to my Higher Power and give thanks for things in my life. I honestly believe in God. I refuse to actively belong to any organized religion.....I am going to "let the mystery be" and live my life the best way I can. I keep my "nose on my own face" and worry about no one besides myself and my children.

I never abandoned the notion of a God.....I have always believed. I have had many "spiritual awakenings" in my life to make it real for me. It feels wonderful not to be a slave to any man.....but to be able to spiritual in a "free" sense. I try to be patient and kind w/myself and know that I am human and that God knows that I am imperfect.

I try to be non-judgemental-but I have a problem with the dubs. I am prejudice when it comes to them.......something that I am trying to work my feelings thru on that one.

With a personal sense of spirituality, my life is in balance. Things run smoother for me. My sprituality is a very personal thing for me....something that I do not share with many people. This is probably the most I have told strangers about it...........

editted to add: I have not picked up a bible to read it in years!

Edited by - scootergirl on 23 June 2002 11:39:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit