Grateful we got out in time for our kids.....

by LyinEyes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStar
    TheStar

Lyin,

Your story touched me. Brought a big smile to my face and shed some tears at the same time.

I'm so happy for you and your family!

I don't have children of my own but if I ever get to have any, I will appreciate every moment and be grateful I wised up and got out of the borg in time for my children to have a normal and healthy childhood.

• Xena
    Xena

Bethany is one of the main reasons I left. I love seeing her have fun, enjoy life and live up to all the potential she has. We had a HUGE sleepover for her last Birthday and it was a BLAST!

Since leaving the borg she gets to do dance, soccer, go to birthday parties galore, participate in the cheerleading camp....the list is endless of what she can do now!

Funny though when I chatted with an old JW friend she was shocked to learn we were no longer going to meetings...wanted to know what would become of my daughter....wasn't I aware of the fact that she would turn out bad like ALL the worldly kids...ROFL I was like so EVERY kid that isn't a JW is BAD huh???? Amazing how naive they are, isn't it? She just couldn't get the fact that you can and many people do raise great kids who become great adults OUTSIDE the org.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit