Does God Understand?

by cyrano 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

WOULD GOD UNDERSTAND?

In Nazi Germany, a German woman hides 3 little Jewish children in her basement. A Gestapo Lieutenant comes to the door and asks if she knows where the same three children are? She tells them no.

John 8:42- You belong to your father, the DEVIL, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he LIES, he speaks his native language, for he is a LIAR and the father of LIES.

LEV 19:11- "Do not steal. Do not LIE. Do not deceive one another."

Does God understand?

In Nazi Germany, a Jewish man steals a Gestapo uniform and vehicle carrying Jewish prisoners. He eventually crosses the border, saving them from the gashouse.

LEV 19:11- "Do not STEAL. Do not lie. Do not deceive one another."

Does God understand?

A child in a poor country where medicine is scarce needs to have a limb amputated unless he dies. The only pain killer is alcohol, so he is given alcohol until intoxicated and thereby numbed to the pain.

GAL 5:19-21; The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; DRUNKENNESS, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Does God understand?

A child on her way to school is hit by a drunk driver. Without a blood transfusion she will certainly die.

ACTS 15:29- You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from BLOOD, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Does God understand?

JOHN 1:17- For the law was given through Moses; GRACE and truth came through Jesus Christ.

ROMANS 14:1-4; Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

ROMANS 14:22- So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

1JOHN 3:19,20- This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

JOHN 3:17- For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

-God Bless

• terafera
    terafera

cyrano, great points!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Excellent scenarios with association of applicable scriptures cyrano.

I am waiting with anticipation to see how the WT and Biblical apologists will respond to this thread.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Cyrano: Comparison to the Nazi's is an often used tool by many groups. Anti-Abortion groups used the logic of fighting Nazi genocide to justify war on abortion clinics. The Watchtower Society uses lying in certain situations as "Theocratic" strategy. God even allowed an angel to use deliberate deception (lying) to deal with Saul, King of Israel. Yet the Bible says it is impossible for God to lie. This is a paradox - or - our definition of what constitutes a "lie" in God's mind is erroneous.

My personal definition of a lie is when someone like and carries on a lie for the sole purpose of hurting others for selfish purposes. To lie to a Gestapo agent to protect children is not the kind of lie that will put someone in hell. If a Watchtower agent or member of Jehovah's Witnesses lies to some evil government person to protect the life of a child, that is fine by me - perhaps what went on in Malawi is a good example of where JWs have every right to lie to Party members who were trying to kill them. Lying is a self-defense tool in that case, not unlike a gun. Using a gun does not make you a murderer under the right circumatances.

JWs generally do not face legitimate circumstances that require lying - JW, rather, lie to protect their organization's marketing image - and they are taught to lie at the doors by use of subtle deception in what they teach and believe ... and this is where they do a lot of damage.

• Salud
    Salud

Amazing,

Good points. JW's will lie in order to promote their agenda. The sad thing is that they truly believe in what they 'preach' hence if it means lying well that is OK. I agree sometimes lying is neccessary esp. if it means protecting the lives and welfare of others.

Also the lying is sometimes accomplished by not revealing the truth about something, for eg. when someone is a convicted pedophile and is allowed to be viewed as a 'fine, outstanding' member unbeknownst to the congregation.

As a related side point I remember one elders meeting with the CO that certain elders botched up a matter with a 'sister' in the cong. Instead of apologizing to the sister they were instructed not to apologize and let the matter just pass. In fact his words were that we never apologize esp. to a sister, for fear of her losing the respect for the elders. Hence they allowed this sister to continue to think that what they did was actually OK and that she was in error. This also I classify as lying unjustifiably.

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

If memory serves, the Aid bk, and it's sequel both define a lie as "an untruth told to ones who are not deserving of the truth." I have no access to those books just now, so if someone can look it up and either verify or correct me, I would appreciate it. The supreme law, to which Christians are bound, is to love god, and then neighbor. I think the decisions made to protect children are an expression of love, both for god and neighbor. Don't you?

• cyrano
    cyrano

Amazing- "Comparison to the Nazi's is an often used tool by many groups. Anti-Abortion groups used the logic of fighting Nazi genocide to justify war on abortion clinics."

The bible is also an often used tool by many groups, including anti-abortion groups, and the watchtower.

I'm not an extremist myself though:)

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

wow crayno!........ that was good.

• kes152
    kes152

God is a God of MERCY and forgiveness. So my Father CERTAINLY understands. He said "I want mercy and not sacrifice." One thing I must mention, you misquoted a scripture that said "Do not lie." There is no scripture against lying. The scripture originally said "You must not bear false witness AGAINST your brother." This is what our Adversary did when has no truth in him. He bore FALSE witness against God and against man. He is one who bears false witness because his father is ALSO a liar (one who bears false witness against his brother). Peace to you! Aaron

• gravedancer
    gravedancer
    I worry that, especially as the Millennium edges near, pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us - then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir - Carl Sagan

Mental viruses are harder to shake than the other kind.

Gravedancer - who has almost quit posting (step 11 of the 12 step recovery program)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit