Just how is JW org doing?

by Half banana 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Well said Vidiot. My point still stands I think; some years ago there were no signs of decline yet now there is evidence of stagnation at the very least. I think due to 1/ the western world waking up to the cultic nature of JW thinking not being acceptable in advanced societies 2/ negative publicity; Conti et al. 3/ financial difficulties due to the aforementioned.

It is not apparent that the tipping point has arrived yet but the signs are strong. One does get the impression that the GB are anxious.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have long thought their decline would be gradual, and eventually they would die out like the Shakers, just one old unmarried Jehovah's Witness lady left, the Org already gone.

I have recently become more hopeful that their End may come long before that scenario is played out.

I think this may well come from the Cash Flow problem, yes, they have huge assets, and some of them will keep them going for a while, but the "rinse and repeat" can only be done every few years.

For example, the biggest project in the World that they are engaged in at present is the development of the new U.K H.Q/Bethel, and the most important part, the very profitable disposal of their holdings in the Mill Hill/Bittacy Hill areas of London.

But that is a deal that will have to be left for a number of years before they sell off the new Chelmsford H.Q

A combination of the Internet and Cash Flow problems may start the rot, then what is needed is some attempt at Mainstreaming that loses them all credibility with any JW who has two sparking brain cells.

As said above, they cannot survive with just brain dead Drone JW's left active.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The prediction of Datamonius Canis, the Eternal Know-It-All...

" In the last of the last of the last, of the final segment, of the last days of the end of the last of the last days, there will be significant events.

Be thou not frightened when the WTBTS starts cranking out clips of WT Jesus. He is hip and has a whole "Dawson's Creek" thingy going for him. WT Jesus Van der beek, in all his non-type/ anti-type glory, will instruct the people in many a moral lesson and principle.

A great "sheet" from the heavens will come down from all ceilings of the KingdomHalls, WT Jesus will come into the hearts of JWs as never before!

This is the plan of the ages, brought to you by Jesus' brothers. All sincere seekers of truth will learn how to contribute funds for Jesus to use in building structures that can later be converted into a Kinko's or Farmer's Insurance, maybe a Cabela's, depending on the size of said structure."

DD

• jws
    jws

First I have to disagree with maksutov. The web may have been around, but very limited until about 20 years ago. That's when it started to catch on and people started buying modems and subscribing to dial-up ISPs.

That said, good points by maksutov and others.

I think it's part of the process when we leave to think the end of the WTBS is around the corner. And in a way, are exactly like the JWs. Seeing every little crack or setback as a sign that the end is just around the corner. Different end, but we're still looking forward to one. Like maksutov says, some of us have been expecting it soon for years now. Me for over 20.

Religions don't die out easily. Look up nsbible.org. It's the site of the North Seattle Bible Students. Yes, those Bible Students. Still around nearly 100 years after the Jehovah's Witnesses splintered off from them. Their website still features web versions of Russel's Studies in the Scriptures. And I assume they still believe these things.

An ex-JW friend of mine went to the Way Ministries. Due to bad management by their leader, they broke up. But local groups kept with the teachings and offshoots of them are still around.

It is not only JWs. All major Christian faiths are failing in the US. Christianity drops about 1% per year, while the unaffiliated (atheist, agnostic, nothing in particular) gain about 1% a year. The more there are of them, the closer we come to a tipping point, where this trend will accelerate, sweeping away religions and the JWs along with it. If they survive they will be a skeleton of their former selves. At least here in the US anyway. Third world nations and rural america will be the holdouts.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Something big is going on at JW HQ, there has been to many changes and the money grab is aggressive. They may be on the brink but they have a ton of cash. At the same time thousands of churches close per year in the USA. Last week it came out that the city of Seattle as a population where 10% are atheists highest percentage of any city in the US. More and more people are becoming non religious even though they may believe in a god. The hand writing is on the wall, hopefully the Borg dies soon.
  • AleFer
    AleFer
    Bonsai: There aren't 1.2 billion practicing Catholics. There are 1.2 billion baptized, nominal, self-identified Catholics. My country, for example, is 86% Catholic but only 10% practicing-Catholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit