"Use of the Internet-Be Alert to the Dange...

by zev 18 Replies latest jw friends

• unanswered
    unanswered

zev-great post. there was so much i wanted to comment on, but i'll just pick one little quote that really got me.

"The information is generally not verifiable and may be untrue."

i find this statement so funny because so many of the posts are direct quotes from the society's publications, which are easily verifiable. i do agree, however, that many of their statements are probably untrue(the quotes from the WT, i mean).

• normie67
    normie67

Doubtingsister....I'm with you on the whole thing!! I'm still in....... my whole family is still in....... and the doubts I have are eating at my very soul.....Jointhe club!!
    Not sure anybody has the answers ....just figure it all out!!!
    Welcome Doubtingsister to our own Private Hell!!!
    normie

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm looking forward to chatting more with all of you. The internet has helped me in so many ways and never did I think it would help me learn the truth about the "TRUTH".

I'm most afraid of losing my friends. I'm not one who relies heavily on my friends, but my daughter does and it will be hard on her since she's homeschooled. Seems like nothing is ever easy. It does get easier, right? I'm seeing some very positive personalities here on this board and am hoping this means I can actually be normal after totally dismantling a belief system like this.

..sigh..

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Doubtingsister, yes, there is life after the WT. It does take time, but the internet, IMO, helps immeasurably in getting some normalcy back. One of the biggest aids is to read about others' experiences and to realize that we all share common roots. None of us is unique in our experiences and feelings. We were all duped by a very crafty cult....and we are all survivors. ****HUGS*****

• TR
    TR

JW's,

Please let us know what "lies" and "misinformation" you have found about the WTS on the internet.

TR

• TR
    TR

Hi, DoubtingSister!

I hope you stick around. We're far from perfect, but at least most of us are free!

BTW, on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the highest score, I give you a 1000 on your article.

TR

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

[BTW, on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the highest score, I give you a 1000 on your article.]

Wow, thanks TR.
    Maybe the newspaper will ask me to do a new column. How about:
    Cults in Our Community or Babylon Babblings...

And thanks Redhorse, I'm feeling more normal with each shared story.

I'm going on a day trip to interview someone for a magazine and I'm taking a friend (a witness) to be my photographer. It's going to be an all day adventure for us and I might have to throw her a question to get her thinking and see what she has to say. I don't want people to be totally surprised if I leave or get da'd.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey sis,

I'm most afraid of losing my friends. I'm not one who relies heavily on my friends, but my daughter does and it will be hard on her since she's homeschooled

Some of us are in the same positions with our families/friends. We don't want to lose them - we have done nothing wrong. As for your daughter - it could be hard on her. May I ask how old she is? Is it possible she could be in a public school where she can meet more kids her own age? School activities to look forward to?

You could be of great help to her, if your choice is to gain knowledge. Take care.

waiting

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

Hi Waiting,

My daughter is 10 and she's been in school in the past including last year, still talks to her old school friends and knows that she always has the option to return at will. I want her to have the best and since she loves homeschooling so much I've agreed to it for as long as she cares to do it. She was considered one of the "cool" kids in school and it amazed me since I was always so shy and awkward being the only witness and all, I'm happy it wasn't like that for her. Maybe that's why I've made sure she gets the best of both worlds (to a point anyhow) and have never forced her to believe in everything I was learning at the hall unless she came to that conclusion on her own. Age 10 just isn't the time to make those kinds of decisions in life.
    Obviously, I've been feeling less confident about stuff and she seems perfectly happy when I decide to head to the coffee shop instead of the meeting.

We'll do fine, and it will probably make us closer than we are already.

Thanks for your kind words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit