The monthly broadcast as an opportunity to wake up

by paradisebeauty 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I was thinking that maybe the monthly broadcasts are a occasion for some jw's to wake up.

Before those broadcasts they probably imagined that the gobgoverning y members are some very special peopleand that you see in their behavior and words that they are "chosen".

But now all jw's can see them for who they really are: average men, some full of themselves, some ridiculous, some just normal men with nothing special.

Maybe some jw's will ask themselves why they should obey these men without question.

Do you think this is possible ?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

One can only hope.

Its going to cause the very blind to continue on as strong as ever

It's going to cause the unsure to have horrible CD and fight their true feelings

It will likely cause those waking, to accelerate.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    You forgot to mention the constant appeal for more donations. I think the new prominence of the GB will be yet another polarizing force - it will cause many to question things and it will cause many to double-down.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I keep on thinking that is impossible not to wake up after hearing those things. At the same time, is like when you grow a fear of something. I was kicked by a horse when I was small. I sill love horses and love to ride them when I get a chance. I can approach them, feed them, etc. Just don't ask me to stand behind one. If the horse moves and ends up putting his hind legs towards me, an automatic mechanism kicks in and has me move away from the horse. It's uncontrollable.

This broadcasting thing is the same. As much as I see how helpful it could be, I just have that fear of every imagining me bringing more indoctrination into my house.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

PB, But now all jw's can see them for who they really are: average men, some full of themselves, some ridiculous, some just normal men with nothing special.

Great point! I've heard quite a few rumblings as a result of these broadcasts, and these comments are from people that usually never say anything negative about the WT leadership.

The only thing I'd disagree with is your comment that these are "average men." From everything I can tell, they are as a group below average in many significant ways: education, intelligence, real-life experience, compassion and empathy.

Stephen Lett is clearly far below average in intelligence. Anthony Morris is a conceited, arrogant bigot.

Add to these facts the additional problem that they are all paranoid, delusional people and it's not at all surprising that they have completely lost the thread. They are completely detached from reality.

What is hard to understand is why anyone would follow them, but then--as you said--perhaps that will change as more people see them for who and what they really are and are not!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I do believe these broadcasts and the AMIII zone meeting rant are getting some to think. Some folks we have talked to, stated they are giving less or nothing at all. Time will tell the true impact.
  • steve2
    steve2

What amazes me when I watch tele-broadcasts, whether JW or others, is how very little, if at all, viewers notice - or even care about content.

The mistake - if that's the right word - we make in appraising these sorts of broadcasts is that others will see what we see and react the way we do. They don't. Perception is everything. I guess its comparable to going to a convention or sitting through a "special" meeting and being astonished that others are swallowing the bullsh*t.

When it comes to religious beliefs, there ain't no underestimating people's readiness to be impressed with absolute rubbish - especially if it's slicked up for presentation.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    steve2
    Very true. We are far more aware of content with the JW's, the Bible, the Broadcasts than in R&F. They just check out, do their time, look at the pretty lights, then rave about how wonderful the koolaid tastes. You have to pay attention to wake up.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The monthly broadcast as an opportunity to wake up

Maybe some jw's will ask themselves why they should obey these men without question.

.........Image result for jw broadcasting.Image result for Idiot show

...........Image result for jw broadcasting.Image result for jw broadcasting.Image result for jw broadcasting..Image result for jw broadcasting..Image result for jw broadcasting..Image result for jw broadcasting

...........................................Image result for jw broadcasting..

• steve2
    steve2

New! From the kingdom hall all the way to your own home!

Old suited men, old suited men, old suited men - not an attractive younger man or woman in sight.

Old suited men, old suited men, old suited men - not an attractive younger man or woman in sight.

Advanced technology, my ar*e: There is nothing new under the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit