What a wonderful world it would be...

by joannadandy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It just dawned on me...you can't give someone the finger if you are wearing mittens.
    This may be of little importance to some of you in warm areas, but this bothers/intrigues me. If I wanted to flip a bird while wearing mittens the person I am sending it to would just think I am angrily waving at them, and then the padded wagon of doom would come.

Would More Mittens in our society qwell road rage?

I was also pondering skipping...I haven't had a good skip in ages!

Do you think the world would be a better place if more skipping too place?
    (Things to consider; increases in spirt, metabolism, lost keys, heart rate, and skinned knees)

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

My five-year old daughter just learned how to skip so now she skips everywhere she goes. I love it!

• dottie
    dottie

Skipping always made me happy when I was a child (scraped knees and all). I think it would do everyone a little good if they skipped for a few minutes everyday!!

Dottie

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

joannadandy,

I'm thinking you'll have to do the old cross one arm with the other routine with mittens on. it's not as subtle, but subtlety isn't what we're going for here.

P.S. Try this while skipping, and see just how wonderful the world can be!

• Francois
    Francois

"Unless you become as a little child, you cannot inherit the kingdom..."

Maybe you've got something there.

Francois

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

SKIPPITY DO DA SKIPPITY AY

MY OH MY WHAT A SKIPPITY DAY

PS - i JUST LOVE SKIPPING - ESPECIALLY THROUGH WATER PUDDLES (MUD PUDDLES IF I'M IN A DIRTY KINDA MOOD

SPICE

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Rock on Spice, the bigger the tidal wave the better!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

My last child was a great skipper. He skipped everywhere he went. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen and he always made me smile. I skipped as a kid, too, and I even skipped a little not too long ago, when I knew nobody was watching. I got the same happy feeling. Great post, Joanna!!!

Not a person given to flippin people off too often and living in So. CA, can't comment on the mitten idea, although it would have an impact in colder climates!

• Princess
    Princess

I read an article about a woman who decided to take up skipping. She now organizes groups to skip through San Francisco. How fun would that be and wouldn't you just grin from ear to ear to see a group of grown women skipping by? She also mentioned she lost 25 pounds.

My four year old learned to skip in ballet. She puts her hands on her hips and skips all over the place. Cute.

Rachel

• LDH
    LDH

I am LMAO.

I know an ex-JW, we were close friends in childhood. He failed Kindergarten because he didn't know how to skip.

As I got to be a teenager, I started calling him "MikeTV". You know, that character from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This kid watched every movie ever produced by Hollywood. LOL.

Thanks for the memory.

"If she's a lady, I'm a vermicious kinid!" -----Grandpa Joe
    Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit