Got Art?

by joannadandy 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

If for any reason the photos are coming up as a "red X", simply right click the box, then click "Show Picture" and it SHOULD open it.

• Solace
  • Solace
  • Solace
  • bitter mango
    bitter mango

anything perverted or morbid makes me smile... my bedroom walls are plastered with h.r. giger work. he's so sick and amazing

http://hem.passagen.se/h2/giger/

Edited by - bitter mango on 22 June 2002 2:27:24

• Solace
    Solace

OH MY GOD MANGO!!!

What the hell is that??

I had to check this out. Im thinking to myself, Mango always has the cutest artsy pics..

• COMF
    COMF

I like Dali, and used to have the Hallucinogenic Toreador, too. I read up on the story behind it. Everything in there is a reference to something real, even the choreographed flies. I also used to have some Escher stuff: Puddle, Three Worlds, and back in my hippie days, I had High and Low mounted on the wood-paneled wall inside my '68 VW camper (ViceWagon).

Nowadays I've developed a deep appreciation for Bev Doolittle's work. My icon is an example. A signed limited edition print of it hangs on my living room wall. "No Respect":

Another favorite, a print of which now graces the area above my fireplace mantel, is "Music in the Wind". Hint: Look for the "hidden" musician the Indian woman is hearing. Notice, too, the flock of "notes" in flight.

Edited by - COMF on 20 June 2002 23:53:29

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

COMF -- I really like that last one!

• Xander
    Xander

H.R. Giger?

Didn't ?he? do the art direction on the 'Alien' movie series?

• COMF
    COMF

Do you see the musician, MrMoe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit