Chinese Astrology - What Animal Are You?

by MissyMoesGhost 43 Replies latest jw friends

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost

Last night I was chatting with Introspection and we breifly discussed Chinese Astrology. I know a BIT about it...

Look up your sign here -- and remember Chinese Astrology starts with the month February.

http://www.swoon.com/horoscopes/chinese/chinese.cgi

OR

http://horoscopes.astrology.com/index/dailychineseindex.html

I am a dragon -- sorta close to the "normal western" astrology sign of Aries. Not sure I but TOO much into this yet, but fun for research! Here is me:

PERSONALITY PROFILE: Sexy, theatrical and energetic. You attract lovers and admirers with little effort. The Dragon is the major Chinese symbol of luck.
    • POINTS OF PRIDE: Dragons are blessed with amazing vitality. You think big and aim high.
    • WEAK SIDE: You're exacting and often bossy. A lover of luxury, you can be a spendthrift.

AND

Dragon

The Dragon is one of the most powerful and lucky Signs of the Chinese Zodiac. Its warm heart makes the Dragon's brash, fiery energy far more palatable. This is a giving, intelligent and tenacious Sign that knows exactly what it wants and is determined to get it. Dragons possess a certain natural, charming charisma that ensures they can always influence their peers and often find themselves the center of attention in social situations. This Sign is truly blessed, too; Dragons are considered to be very lucky in love! The Dragon's friends are always keen to hear what this firebrand has to say and when it comes to dispensing advice, the Dragon has the floor.

Its ego can get in the Dragon's way, but even so, this larger-than-life creature has a knack for initiating projects and keeping the troops motivated. According to Dragons, it's their natural born right to lead the way -- because who else could do it so surely and so well? As lucky as they are, Dragons have a good chance of achieving considerable material wealth during their lifetimes, although it isn't mere money that's this Sign's main motivation. Power is what the Dragon wants and truly believes it deserves. Dragons are quite the opportunists, forever searching for ways in which to consolidate their considerable power. Contrary to all this strength and fire, a weakened Dragon is a sad sack, a creature that refuses to take defeat with even a modicum of grace.

The role of leader is the only one the Dragon wants, the better from which to give orders and be king of the hill. They make solid leaders, too, knowing instinctively what needs to be done to stay on top. Crossing the Dragon is never a good idea -- this beast can singe! A valuable life lesson for this clever creature would be to absorb the principles of flexibility, compassion and tolerance. Being high and mighty can serve to inspire others, but it also keeps Dragons from living their lives to the fullest. If Dragons can learn to balance their quest for success with an appreciation for the little things, their life will be more than worthwhile.

Edited by - MissyMoesGhost on 20 June 2002 12:46:49

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Holy crap this is so me!

It also explains the poofy hair...

PERSONALITY PROFILE: Artistic, romantic and lovable. You Sheep are big dreamers who like things to go smoothly.
    • POINTS OF PRIDE: Sheep are the Good Samaritans of the Chinese zodiac. Talented and responsible, you expect perfection from yourself and others.
    • WEAK SIDE: When upsets happen, you are apt to whine. You have a terrible sense of time.
  • Valis
    Valis

I'm a pig..

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah Valis, but what's your sign?

JUST KIDDING!!

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost

Joanna -- There is a Sheep one? Why am I not finding that on the OTHER website I posted... Maybe they consider you a goat? Goat = Sheep right?

http://horoscopes.astrology.com/dailychinesegoat.html

Goat

Daydreaming all afternoon sounds heavenly to the Goat. This creative, esoteric Sign needs plenty of time alone in which to feed its Muse. Goats are generally most comfortable in their own minds (which other, more linear-thinking Signs may have trouble deciphering). This Sign makes a great craftsperson or artisan, or perhaps a teacher of New Age studies -- any occupation that allows its mind the full range of freedom. Goats tend not to be very well-organized, precluding many more dry business endeavors. In fact, Goats tend not to be very materialistic in general, finding plenty of riches in their own imagination. However, especially when in love, the Goat can be quite a lavish gift-giver.

Perhaps it's that artistic temperament that so often causes Goats to feel insecure, but the result is that these high-strung creatures need to feel loved and admired lest they start worrying incessantly. For this reason, Goats tend to have a hard time with romance; anyone who couples up with a Goat must know, this Sign has a sensitive streak a mile wide and can be subject to bouts of anxiety over seemingly inconsequential things. Goats need plenty of love, support and open reassurance from their lovers. If a relationship is marked by conflict, the Goat will often pull away -- either physically or simply by retreating into the safe haven of its imagination.

If the romance is going well, however, Goats won't hesitate to tell their partner what they need -- and they can be quite insistent about it! This Sign will definitely return the favor, however; the Goat has a luxurious side that delights in indulging a lover's every wish. Appearances are also important to the Goat, which may explain why these folks can spend hours primping and posing.

Goats would be well-served by learning to relax and let others run the show from time to time. Once they can be certain that their friends and lovers won't be gone when the Goat returns from its daydreams, life will be a field of daisies.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yup I have seen both...but frankly I prefer being a sheep...

Yeah Moe, that all sounds WAY too much like me except this part:

these folks can spend hours primping and posing.
    I look like crap 98% of the time, and I likes it that way...

Edited by - joannadandy on 20 June 2002 13:0:16

• XandersEvilTwin
    XandersEvilTwin

PERSONALITY PROFILE: Stylish, outspoken, willful and athletic. Chinese parents would despair if a daughter was born in a Horse year -- they knew she'd be hard to marry off.

• POINTS OF PRIDE: Your passion is inspiring, and you attract many friends. Your adaptable skills ensure you'll dominate any field you enter.
    • WEAK SIDE: Restless Horses bore easily and fall in love passionately -- and often. You'll give up everything for love.
    • LOVE MATCH: Tiger, Dog or Sheep.
  • MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I'm a dog

PERSONALITY PROFILE: Loyal, down-to-earth and intuitive. Under the Dog's seemingly unemotional exterior beats a puppy's tender heart. You work well with others, but you yearn to be loved for who you are -- not for what you can do for people.

• POINTS OF PRIDE: Suspicious of theatrics and sure things, Dogs see below the surface and will not desert their friends even if they fall on hard times.
    • WEAK SIDE: You're the worrier of the zodiac. You can be intolerant and critical of those who don't share your integrity and intensity.
    • LOVE MATCH: Horse, Tiger or Rabbit.

Yep, sounds like me.

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost
    This Sign is truly blessed, too; Dragons are considered to be very lucky in love!

False -- well, kinda false...

Its ego can get in the Dragon's way

Um

Crossing the Dragon is never a good idea -- this beast can singe!

TRUE!!!

Power is what the Dragon wants and truly believes it deserves.

UM NO WAY!

The role of leader is the only one the Dragon wants, the better from which to give orders and be king of the hill.

NO WAY -- SO NOT TRUE!!!!

• XandersEvilTwin
    XandersEvilTwin

And, by Chinese astrology reconning, my elemental sign is:

Those of you born under the influence of the Chinese Astrology Element of Earth are wise, serene and prudent, firmly rooted in your morals, ethics and responsibilities. Led by logic rather than emotion, you seek to plan your life as far out in advance as possible, to expect the unexpected and control your destiny down to the last detail. Your disciplined reserve -- which can come across as true grace if you work it right -- garners you respect and admiration.

You're so bound by logic and dependent upon controlling your situation that you have a fear of the unknown. Consequently, you question your instincts, distrusting even your most cherished dreams and seeing your whims as frivolous distractions. Don't be a stick in the mud, Earth Signs; share your wisdom and your peace of mind with a needy world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit