Letter from society on donating blood

by TheStar 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TheStar
    TheStar

As I promised in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29619&site=3&page=1

Here are the scans of a letter from "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" regarding a brother's inquiry about donating blood. This letter is printed in Greg Stafford's new book "Three Dissertations on the Teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses".

The scans are not that great but it was the best I could do.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks for posting this and again this the letter I have too with the address.

I urge any who do not believe this to be true to contact the Hospital Information Service in New York.

hawk

• Scully
    Scully

Not to be a shit disturber or anything.....

but that "signature" looks like it's handwritten.... since when did the WTS start doing that?? Or is it stamped like that (as per their usual procedure for the last several decades)?? It's hard to tell from the scan.

Just curious.

Love, Scully

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Based on my copy scully - it looks "stamped" and NOT signed. You will note that with other letters too after the UN fiasco hit the fan last October.

If and when I ever get up your way I will show you my copy that Maximus gave me last year before he got sick.

hawk

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Can anyone tell me why they keep refering to the old Mosaic law even though, iirc, that was fulfilled with Jesus's death?

Thanks,

Ignored One (Iggy)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

That's the ruling as I understood. A JW can donate blood with the understanding that it will be used for blood fractions/factions whatever.

I do not believe there is any such thing as donating blood that can be converted to fractions and stored for the donaters use.....it is possible to donate blood to be be stored for your personal TRANSFUSION use, and even then it's like a month at most.

everyone that is pushing for a don't ask/don't tell rule in the Watchtower, keep up the good work. I think we are making great strides, let's not give up when such progress has been made.

(((((((((((((((( everyone )))))))))))))))))))))

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

they use the Mosaic Law code for two reason:

1) they can't find support anywhere else for what they want to do

2) and because these stupid JW's LET THEM. Is there ANYTHING some of these brain-dead people WILL NOT SWALLOW?

Sorry, just venting.

• julien
    julien
    It is not the prerogative of the "faithful and discreet slave" class to rule on each product or technique

Did they actually write that?? Has there ever been anything that the so-called F&DS didn't feel it was its prerogative to rule on?? What hypocrites.

And it sounds as though they are they discouraging JWs from donating blood for use as fractions because a single person's blood doesn't amount to much when used for fractions?? Could this be any more self serving and irresponsible?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It is interesting to see the "some Christians have felt they could accept..." line with regard to blood fractions. They make it seem that if there are several who feel they can conscientiously do something that it must be okay if you feel similarly. But what if "some Christians" feel they can conscientiously accept whole blood?

It almost is a "chicken/egg" scenario. What came first... the "some Christians that felt they could conscientiously accept blood fractions" or the "law" that came down from the GB that allowed them to do so? Who make up these "some Christians" and how many are needed to change a suggestion into a viable option for JWs?

I find it difficult to understand their arguments against storing one's own blood for transfusion at a later date. If they use the "storage/blood being poured out on the ground" argument, then how do they justify ignoring that same argument with regard to the handling and storage involved collecting and processing blood into fractions?

Path

• nancee park
    nancee park

The Watchtower heads write go by Mosaic Law on blood but then tell members they do not go by Mosaic law but by Christian principles.

What is going on is this. They want people, especially regular members to see them and themselves as Christian. (Read Matthew 12) But they want to keep the "power" that has accrued under Mosaic Law and their citing and applying it even today on the blood transfusions policy etc; the power to control and dictate people's lives and deaths.

Hypocrites. Pharisees. The modern Roman armies are approaching your gates with the sword of justice even now! (Rom 13) They will do that which we have not. You ask for it. Shame on you for having children to die by bleeding to death just to keep your blood-thirsty lust for power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit