Email RCVD from JW re: Court Ruling

by Reborn2002 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

This evening, I received the following email UNSOLICITED from a Jehovah's Witness who mass mailed me this garbage.

Subject: Contempt for the flag?

The next time some Jehovah's Witnesses interrupt your dinner, you might consider thanking them. In gritty dedication to their religious principles, this out-of-the-mainstream denomination of scarcely 1 million members in the United States has probably done more than any other institution to secure freedom of speech for individual Americans.

People know just because we don't worship the flag it doesn't mean we have contempt for it. That's just another lie apostates want others to believe about us.

Anyone else received the same email?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Nope, but what a joke.

Freedom of speech, but within the org. no freedom of thought....great trade-off.

ashi

• tdogg
    tdogg

I love how they tout the principles of the U.S. constitution when convenient. For ones despising government of men, they sure do like its benefits. Good thing they also have no regard for those who fought and died to protect their freedom of speech.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Freedom of speech, but within the org. no freedom of thought....great trade-off.

ashi

Nicely said, Ashi!!!!

They feel that it's perfectly acceptable to suck the system dry of any benefits available, but to "give back" to any type of community effort is considered as "linking elbows with Satan's ungodly world".......it's ALL so transparently "one sided".

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Subject: Contempt for the flag?

The next time some Jehovah's Witnesses interrupt your dinner, you might consider thanking them. In gritty dedication to their religious principles, this out-of-the-mainstream denomination of scarcely 1 million members in the United States has probably done more than any other institution to secure freedom of speech for individual Americans.

People know just because we don't worship the flag it doesn't mean we have contempt for it. That's just another lie apostates want others to believe about us.

Hey,

Doesn't that blow their entire -- everyone is persecuting us for doing god's will theory -- out of the water..

I mean, here is the USA legal system upholding their right to preach their version of the 'troof' to others..

I guess Armageddon is being put off yet again, as I thought one of the 'signs' was that Government was going to turn their back on them..

So much for persecution....

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

May be you should send that to the WTBS and see what sort of reaction you get.

Mind you they will probably dismiss it like everything else.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Don't you love the "lies by omission" statement.

Yes he is true - they have done a lot for freedom. But what they never say is they DO NOT offer the same freedom to their own rank and file.

hawk

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I think you are on to something, Itsjustlittleoldme...you are right! Blows the persecution theory full of holes.

Jackasses!!

• cosmo
    cosmo

JW's exercise their freedom, but they forget the cost of freedom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit