World Cup / Sporting Gaff's..

by Englishman 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

World Cup Latest gaff's:

John Motson, BBC: "Just look at all the thousands and thousands of Brazil shirts around the ground. Nothing but a sea of yellow, a real kaleidoscope of colour".

Kevin Keegan, ITV: "..The ball was definitely moving when it hit the back of the net".

Ron Atkinson, ITV: "I didn't expect to see Seaman coming out just at that moment".

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 19 June 2002 7:16:13

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

LOL! I guess that's what happens when you're expected to keep talking through an event. I wonder if anyone told them... teehee.

Mimilly

• PELE
    PELE

Englishman and all soccer's lovers,

There is another great gaff/mistake from World Cup:

. England will won Brazil :)))))

Good luck (after yellow shirts).

PELE

Waiting for the best match play on thursday

• LB
    LB

Imagine the USA getting into the final 8??? Hard to believe. It's going to be near impossible for them to handle Germany though.

• Englishman
    Englishman

LB,

I don't know if you have seen the US play any matches yet, but take it from me they are quite good. I think that they can beat Germany. The 300-1 odds on them winning the cup look ridiculous now.

Brazil versus England is our toughest game now, although we did beat Argentina who were ahead of Brazil in the rankings. Either way, any team that gets into the last 8 out of the hundred-odd countries that started in the qualifying games 2 years ago, can hold it's collective head high.

Englishman.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

not a big soccer fan but jumping on the bandwagon...Go USA!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Eduardo

• LB
    LB

I would love for them to win that game. IT appears that we have finally seen that we need to "encourage" our younger players to continue with the sport. Most of our top athletes head towards the higher paying sports available here. So they are now offering young players college educations and various other perks. We have many more young players in the wings. But the concern is that we still have only about 10% of the players we need training in order to become a world power in soccer.

That game against Mexico was very rough and both sides took plenty of cheap shots throughout the match. I was a ref years ago and did high school and college matches. It is difficult at best to gain control after tempers flare but I felt the ref did a good job. He wasn't shy about issuing those yellows.

Best of luck against brazil.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

hey Englishman from reading some of your other posts I take it you like soccer a lot....

I was wondering did you ever see "Run Lola Run"? and if so I never really figured out what the opening soccer scene has to do with the rest of the pic? any enlightenment?

--Eduardo

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Even though Germany beat the US 4-2 in their last meeting, I think defeating Mexico has been a real confidence booster for them. The one thing that impressed me about the US team was their speed. Though the US may not beat Germany (I hope they do, though!) I think it's going to be a very exciting game.

I will be watching the Brazil Vs. England game too. Should be great!

Andee

(I always seem to be the only girl posting on the sports threads)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit