Cant we put financial pressure on the Borg?

by 1tMakesNoSence 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

1tMakesNoSence - "...can't we put some significant financial pressure on the Borg?"

Pretty sure it's already happening.

That being said, the IRS is much better at that sort of thing.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Ya wanna put pressure on Borg?

Don't turn up to king dumb hall and stop giving them your money.

Easy.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    No imdividul pubs do not pay for mags, at least not in the USA
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

stop giving them your money.

That is clearly Step #1.

Doc

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They would just guilt/hound the rest of the congregation.

The next time a member of jw community goes through a financial hardship due to death ir illness, see about using kh parking lot for a huge congregational rummage sale woth proceeds going direct to bills(so fam doesn't send to mother). Elders will likely refuse. Then get permission from a local camber of commerce, community center or sm. Businessman. make sure to prominently announce your congregation. When people ask why you arent there, tell them! if it gets you reproved or dfd tell everyone why. What are they gonna shun you for? Being nice? The biggest witnees is cong members, bonus witness to community.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    No neither individual jw's nor kingdom halls pay for literature but headquarters, elders from each kingdom hall order what they think they will need.In two big citys that i have been too these past months on the trolleys they have been giving away a teaching book from 2006 and this last week the OLD VERSION of "what does the bible really teach" i even got a teaching book from 1998 as well.If you say that a teaching book costs just for the paper ink and transport costs $1 and if 5000 people take a teaching book per week that would be $260,000 per year.Also if bethel need money to keep the 900 people that work there then they will close kingdom halls anyway.If you saw the happy video from bethel they seen to have dental workers,i doubt if the bethel folk pay for any treatment and also cobblers to mend shoes
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The best way to put financial pressure on the Borg is to convince our JW relatives to donate less, or nothing at all.

Maybe pointing out that their donations go toward paying Court costs for Abuse claims may take the shine off donating ??

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"...can't we put some significant financial pressure on the Borg?"

But a person that deliberately advocates harming some entity financially or otherwise can be held legally liable or at the very least sued

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @fisherman- not in the USA. Boycotts are advocated all the time. You can express your desire for businesses to fail fincially andnadvocate not shopping there or donatimg to specific charity all day long with no repercussions.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

with no repercussions.

Suit yourself. I am not predicting what shall happen, I am only telling you what may happen (in the USA.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit