HOW DO YOU ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM?

by bay64me 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I'm going to Atlantic City Saturday. Can't wait to hit the slots!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

voting

celebrating holidays: christmas, thanksgiving, fourth of july (fireworks), new year's, etc.

celebrating my birthday and the birthdays of my loved ones

not having to go out in service when it's 110 out, or studying that #$@!^&*^ watchtower, or going to book studies

exploring alternative religions or mystical/pagan stuff

dressing however i want, saying what i really feel

watching or reading r- (or x-) rated films or materials

sex

freedom from guilt, shame, fear of armageddon and demons, etc.

ooh i forgot: saying "bless you" when someone sneezes. or saying "good luck". it's a little thing, but they made it such a BIG thing.

not saying grace in public!!!

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 18 June 2002 22:25:35

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Kinky sex of course!

Seriously...I enjoy Christmas (only had one so far) and birthdays. The novelty will wear off soon I'm sure...when it does I look forward to becoming an apostate

Freedom of choice and being able to exercise it is another buzz I'm on at the moment.

Beck

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

not actually having to "fear" God. im not religious, but i have attended a church on my installation that is very non-denominational.

and im not trying to be religious now. i feel now that i shouldn't be afraid to ask God for any little thing, now matter how selfish i might think that it would be. but i always pray to leave it in his hands, because i feel that when matters come up that are really beyond my control, i keep it that way. and its blessed me richly, especially in my situation.

i enlisted in the army in 1999. very wrong by jw standards. i had a baby boy out of wedlock the very next year. i felt that jehovah was punishing me for leaving "the truth". but i took a really good look at the situation from before i got pregnant...i was drinking every night (the usual single soldiers' life), had many sexual partners, and cussed a blue streak. i can really say i deserved what i got, but i still felt blessed by having a child.

i didnt exactly learn from the first one. i didnt get drunk as much as i did before, but i became involved in a relationship with a very unscrupulous person, while i was dating someone else in a serious relationship. i didnt leave the other guy because i felt really sorry for him. (we met on the internet, and he originally wanted "a friend that would help him learn english"). i broke up the relationship in nov/dec. of last year. he was probably just looking to get a green card, and all of my neighbors kept telling me about his behavior while i was away at work, especially around my son.

well, i found out that i was pregnant on dec. 12, 2001. it was a complete shock to me. i was so angry at him, but more at myself for letting this happen. but i have finally learned my lesson.

its going to be really hard to raise 2 children on one income, but God has helped me in so many ways. just because i choose to "leave it in his hands." (btw, i am not getting child support from either of their fathers and i still get by.)

all because i choose to not exactly "fear" God, but come to him through Jesus. (i really hope that im not sounding too religious.)

• Sirona
    Sirona

I enjoy freedom of thought. As a JW, I used to 'monitor' my thoughts 24/7. That lead to tremendous stress and even depression.

Now, I'm not depressed. I can read what I want, think what I want, and explore the entire world without guilt. Its absolutely fantastic.

I can be friends with anyone I choose.

Sirona

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit